Confessions of a Teenage Elementaless

" How should I put this..." Jack thought out loud, sipping the hot cocoa Elsa prepared for him. Apparently he also has a chocolate craving.

"Elementals all have a hidden light inside them ready to be activated and and set free at the Casters right moment, giving them the element power meant for them. This is how Elementals are different from humans, they have a hidden potential that is fully used or discovered at the given Caster's need or wanting. Spirit, Earth,Air, Water, Fire: these are all the elements that Caster's receive at that right moment, no Elemental receiving more or less then one." He said, reciting what all academy's have taught all Casters for thousands of years.

" Jack why are you telling me something I alrea-" He have Elsa a deathly leer and she shut her mouth. He continued.

"As far as The Admonition knew, there were no other Elements or Nonelementals. Then you came along, only learning the basic and complex magick that had nothing to do with elements. You know why? Because Elsa, your hidden potential is stronger and more vigorous then others, therefore harder to activate. Mine has already been unleashed, but it isn't classified as an element. It's more of a...capability." He demonstrated by forming a wispy cloud of snow and cold with his hand, flinging it at a lamp a few feet away from where he was sitting. The lamp turned into a crystallized version of it's old self, beautifully delicate and sparkling.

Elsa looked down at her hands: willing them to spit out fire, build a snowstorm, sprout a flower, bend the very air she breathes, anything.

Her hands were as bare and pale as they always were, and she sighed in defeat.

" I'm a Caster, yet I have no element. I am a weak mortal, yet I somehow yield this 'potential' inside me somewhere. I am neither black nor gray, I'm somewhere in between, something...different. What exactly does that make me? I'm....nothing, a nonentity." Elsa established, sorrow filling her inside out: a choking feeling leaving her breathless and undesired.

Jack regarded her with eyes lavished in tenderness and understanding from her languishing confession. " You make it sound like poetry, the way you put such thoughts. " He muttered, taking a sip of his now cold hot cocoa.

" Sometimes, poetry has different meanings. You just have to dig a little deeper to discover them. " He said, smiling sadly, then grabbed Elsa's hand and slowly circled his thumb around the palm.

Everywhere he touched her felt gelid, yet also warm, like a tube of Hot and Cold that eases the pain of an injury.

Only this injury was to her soul, not her hand.

How does he do that, changing his demeanor all the time? One minute he's a sarcastic bastard the next he's comforting Elsa with just a touch, and those eyes.... So full of dullness, and frigid one moment then sympathetic and full of life the next. Was odd to have both a good and bad first impression of someone?

" I think I should go." Jack said, letting go of Elsa's hand leaving an empty feeling inside her once again, a husk once filled now dried out and weak.

" What I told you was only the tip of the iceberg, but I didn't want to give you too much to think about tonight, besides holding my hand of course." Jack gave Elsa a smirk and all the understanding she thought she had of him dispersed.

"Wait, when are you going to tell me more? " She peeked up, since Jack was about eight inches taller then her, giving him her most imploring eyes.

I mustn't let him get his way, who knows when he might want to tell me again. I need to know before the ball and Glorious Seasons.

"Well your majesty, if you do recall we aren't just partners for the ball." He said, striding to the exit door grasping the handle ready to leave.

" I shall see you here tomorrow night colleague, be primed with pleasant attire." He declared, closing the door behind him none too gently, leaving the question hanging in Elsa's lips for why she would need to wear something amiable.