Chapter 6: Captain

Hey guys!! How are you liking the story?? I am going to spoil you a bit. I said 3 votes and two comments, but I only got one of the comments that I wanted. :( I have sooooo much to do these days, so it was nice to take a break and wait for you guys, but it's okay. Love you guys!!

Ash.-----------

I had tried to avoid Jacob for the most part. I felt stupid that I had told him everything. He wasn't supposed to like me, and I wasn't suposed to trust him either. I laid back on my bed comfortably.

Everything felt messed up. Jacob knew too much about me. I knew barley anything about him. And trying to avoid Jacob wasn't easy either.

"Sofie !! Jacob!!!" Seth screamed from downstairs. I rolled off my bed and ran through the doorway, practically crashing into Jacob in the process. He instincivley reached out and grabbed my hips to steady me.

"You okay?" he asked, looking at me through his hair. I quickly picked myself up and ran down the stairs without an answer.

___________

"Do you know how much I paid for gas this year?" Seth asked me and Jacob.

He held up a bill in front of my face.

"Fricking 700 dollars!! Why the hell do you need two seperate cars to go to school! You go and come back at the same time! Just, carpool or whatever!!"

I don't think I've ever seen Seth this angry before.

"Sorry," I say quietly, hanging my head. Seth runs a hand across his face.

"Okay, whatever. I've gotta go. Groceries are on the table."

I catch a glimpse of his thin figure walking outside before the door slams.

Jacob suddenly turns to me.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" he hisses through his teeth.

"What do you mean?" I ask, lying straight up.

"I mean, you spilled your heart out to me one day and then you completley ignore me the next."

"Whatever, Jacob. Just forget about it." I say walking up the stairs.

But I know that I will never be able to forget.

_______________________________________________

I sit, shaking in the rain waiting for Jacob to finish his football practice. I can't tell what's going on because its raining so hard.

This has how my 3:30-6 pm is spent every day. Waiting for Jacob to finish practice before he can drive us home. Usually I sit in the car, but today it is parked on the other side of the parking lot. And the school closed an hour ago, so sitting inside isn't an option.

Suddenly I see Coach Marcus make a 'come here' gesture to me. I run down the steps of the bleachers.

He smiles at me, revealing 2 perfectly formed dimples. Marcus was 20 years old. He was muscular from years of teaching football, and none of the girls could truthfully say that they didn't have a crush on him. 

He looked at me and smiled. 

"Did you like Josh's tackle. Or should Kevin be the one to takle?"

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Jacob roll his eyes. He obviously isn't too happy with me helping out his team. 

I ignore him completley.

"No, Josh is fine. Set Kevin up behind him, though. Just in case."

"Cool," Marcus says. He turns to his paper before snapping his head up to me again. 

"Would you like to be one of our assistant coaches, Sofie?" he asks. 

"Really!?" I ask excitedly.

"Well considering the fact that your here for every practice and game, yeah sure."

He hands me the clipboard and I sit down and flip through the papers clipped up on the clipboard.

Suddenly something catches my eye.

The next game is against the Lincoln High Wolves.

Carter's team.

-------------

Soooo this chapter is dedicated to my favorite fan and first commenter who wasn't related to me :)

Love,

Ash