How You First Meet

You walked into school and sighed, hoping the girls would leave you alone today. You had moved schools about a week ago and already had the attention of one of the hottest guys in school, Shuichi Minamino.

At least, that was his human name.
You knew who he really was since you’d met him as Youko Kurama in the past a few weeks before he disappeared. You two became surprisingly good friends considering you were also a thief but never considered teaming up since you preferred to work alone which he understood. You were a powerful demon on your own anyways and was fully capable of taking care of yourself.

You were surprised and greatly saddened when you heard he disappeared without telling you but you found out that he had been killed a few days later which made you feel even worse.

So, to escape the pain from the loss of a good friend, as well as secret crush, you went to the human world and made a life for yourself there and you continue to do so today.

Anyways, Kurama- sorry- Shuichi was very attractive and most girls were very jealous of you since you seem to catch his eye whenever you walk by.

You try your best not to be too bothered by it though as they are only humans and don't deserve to face your wrath, no matter how much of a bitch they're being to you.

You were walking to your locker so you could put your stuff away when you felt a hand grab at your hair and harshly pull it causing you to turn around and see three bitchy looking girls glaring down at you.

“Um, ow?” You said as you rubbed your sore head.

What the hell was that for?

The girl closest to you scoffed as if saying 'Yeah, that better hurt'.

“Don’t think we don’t know what you’re trying to do.” She hissed.

You raised an eyebrow in confusion yet slight amusement that they could get so worked up over a boy.

“Don’t play dumb with us, bitch.” The girl on her left said, noticing your raised brow.

“Yeah, we know you’re trying to steal Shuichi.” The girl on her right said.

“I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about. But I think you’re taking this whole jealousy thing too far.” You calmly replied as their glares intensified.

The first girl then raised her hand and slapped you harshly across the face.
Well, that hurt.

“Don’t lie, bitch! You stay away from him, you hear me?! He’s mine!” She yelled at you as her cronies nodded in agreement.

You stared at them with a calm expression, ignoring the stinging in your cheek, and was about to say something when another voice spoke up.

“Excuse me, ladies.”

You turned in the direction of the voice to see none other than Shuichi Minamino himself standing no more than a few meters away from you.

“I hate to interrupt but I will not tolerate bullying when I see it. Especially the bullying of someone who has done nothing wrong.” Though he spoke calmly there was a certain look in his eyes that showed he was not pleased with what the girls were doing.

“But, Shuichi-!”

“I believe I am my own person.” He interrupted. “Call me what you want, but I am not yours and I’d much prefer (Y/N)’s company over yours at the moment. Be warned if you choose to do anything else to harm her I will have no choice but to stand up to you myself.”

The look in his eyes seemed to darken a little and the girls stared at him in shock as their leader was on the verge of tears and ran off crying with her cronies running after her.

You watched calmly as this scene unfolded before turning to your locker and proceeding to open it as if nothing had happened.

What's done was done. There was no point in making a big deal out of it, especially when it probably won't be happening again. At least, not with those girls.

“Are you alright, (Y/N)? That was quite the slap she gave you.” You heard a concerned Shuichi ask from behind you.

You smiled lightly to yourself, appreciating the fact that he still cared about you after all these years.

“I’m fine, Kurama. You know full well I've had much worse than a simple slap to the face.” You answered as you kept your back to him and put your stuff in your locker.

It was silent for a moment and you closed and locked your locker and turned to see a surprised looking Shuichi staring at you before his expression softened and he smiled at you.

“So you do remember me.” He stated rather than asked.

You smiled back and winked at him before walking off down the hall.

“I’ll see you in class, Shuichi.”

A/N: Can you tell this guy is one of my favourite characters? Not really when you guys first meet, but close enough. Sorry for any OOCness or crappyness. Check description if you're wondering why anything from this book sounds similar to my Yu Yu Hakusho Boyfriend/Parenthood Scenarios books. Anyways, hope you Enjoy!