• 9. the usual-almost-dying scene •

• JUNE'S POV •
𝕚 𝕓𝕖𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕒𝕞𝕓𝕦𝕤𝕙 𝕞𝕖

Peter tapped me on the shoulder.

"What—" I was cut off when he pointed out the window. I shoved him backwards into the bus seats, looking out to see a giant circular ship in the city.

"Oh shit—"

Peter smacked Ned in the face. We told him that I became WidowMaker a while back. At first we were reluctant, but eventually Ned sort of found out himself.

Spider-Man and WidowMaker were always fighting together, I'd make up excuses to leave places, I'd bruises and I'd limp, and WidowMaker was becoming way more well-known.

The alarm on my arm went off.

I struggled to grab my pills, stashing them in my pocket as Ned yelled out, "We're all gonna die!"

That distracted everyone quite quickly, so Peter used his web to open an emergency window.

Peter opened the window, helping me out before slithering his arm around my waist. He webbed us towards the ship in no time, stopping at an alleyway so we could change.

Once changed into my suit, I fumbled with my medicine.

"Hey, Hey, Hey, what are you doing?" Peter asked.

"My medicine—"

"Ok. First of all, you look amazing in that suit and I'm never gonna get tired of it. Second of all, take it later. Let's go."

I stashed my medicine away and used my web shooters—yes, I have web shooters like Peter—to web myself over to where the disruption was happening.

Mr. Stark was on the ground, some huge guy hanging over him. The huge guy shot a hammer at Mr. Stark, but Peter stopped it just in time.

I stood behind the guy, ready to use my spiders.

Here's the thing—my suit has a lot of cool things, but the main things are my spiders, my webs, and my infra-sight.

My webs are simple. They're like Peter's, obviously. My spiders are awesome. They crawl around any sort of person, infecting their weapon for around two minutes. It's the best. Then, there's my infra-sight, which allows me to see everything and anything; even through walls. It's pretty badass.

Peter's been helping me with everything.

The things that I mainly need to work on are:

A) My webs. Peter's a great help, but it's still kinda hard.

B) Not screaming every time Peter gets hurt. That's been hard. I'm just worried, ok?

C) Taking my medicine at the right time. Normally, when I don't take my medicine right when my alarm goes off or 30 minutes later, then that stupid voice comes back. So, sometimes I've gotta take it during a fight.

D) Learning the other parts in my suit. Every single day I work with Peter to learn learn learn. Every Saturday, I go to the Avengers headquarters to practice.

As I prepared to use my spiders, Peter was being thrown to my side. He crashed next to me, his head almost hitting the fountain behind us.

"Hi, sweetheart. Plan on helping?"

I nodded. "No shit."

I stuck a web to a nearby tree, listening as Peter called out after me, "Language!"