• 10. when the tin roof gets to talking •

• JUNE'S POV •
𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕘𝕠, 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕪?

"See that down there?" Mr. Stark said. "He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go."

I paused. "Oh! Did you ever see that really old movie Aliens?"

We watched as Mr. Stark carried out the first part of our plan. I took in a deep breath, looking down at my shaky hands as Peter grabbed them.

"Hey, you'll do great. Don't listen to Mr. Stark. You deserve to be here."

I nodded, looking over at Mr. Stark when he gave the signal. "Yeah, but the kids have seen more movies."

He shot a hole into the side of the ship, sending Squidward out into space. Unfortunately, it also began sending the guy we were trying to save ready to fly out.

Thankfully, Peter got him safely back into the ship as Mr. Stark patched up the hole.

"Yeah. Now he wants to run. Great plan," Mr. Stark exclaimed.

"I want to protect the stone," the guy answered,

"And I want you to thank me. Now, go ahead. I'm listening," Mr. Stark said sneakily.

"For what?" The guy frowned. "Nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical ass? Me."

The guy rolled his eyes. "I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet."

"Admit it, you should've ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused," Mr. Stark explained.

"Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you."

"And due to that fact, we're now in a flying doughnut, billions of miles from Earth, with no backup."

"We're back up," Peter butt in.

"No, you're stowaways," Mr. Stark frowned. "The adults are talking."

"I'm sorry," the guy told us. "I'm confused as to the relationship here? What are they? Your ward?"

"No," I said.

"I'm Peter, by the way."

"Uhm, I'm June."

We both held out our hands for him to shake, which he decided not to do.

"Doctor Strange," he greeted.

"Oh, we're using our made up names. Um...I'm Spider-Man then. And she's WidowMaker."

Doctor Strange glanced at us carelessly before turning back to Mr. Stark.

"This ship is self-correcting it's course. Thing's on autopilot." Mr. Stark sighed loudly.

Dr. Strange muttered, "Can we control it? Fly us home?" When Mr. Stark didn't answer, Strange spoke louder. "Stark?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you get us home?"

"Yeah, I heard you," he said. "I'm thinking I'm not so sure we should."

Strange defended the stone. "Under no circumstances can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you quite understand..."

Mr. Stark flared. "What's at stake here? No. It's you who doesn't understand that Thanos has been inside my head for 6 years. Since he sent an army to New York and now he's back! And I don't know what to do. So I'm not so sure if it's a better plan to fight him on our turf or his but you saw what they did, what they can do. At least on his turf, he's not expecting it. So I say we take the fight to him. Do you concur?"