What Do You Mean By Fine?

Chapter Eight

 Kylie's POV

I must be dreaming. I mean, having a nightmare. No way was I being carried out of English class like that!

Please tell me this a dream.

I pinched myself. Nope. It was all real. Unfortunately.

It's not that bad being carried in the arms of such a hot guy! A traitorous voice entered my mind.

I mentally shook my head and blushed. He was not hot, okay, not that hot. And who would like to be carried in the arms of guy like him? All those strong muscles pressing me close to him...

I blushed again.

"Hey, you're blushing, Should I ask why?" He whispered to me. I could just hear the smirk in his voice.

 I opened my eyes. And regretted it the very second I did that. His face was so close. Too close to be precise.

"Umm..." Gosh, what an intelligent response. Why don't I know better to keep my eyes and mouth shut?

"I'm just thinking about how I'm never going to live what just happened down..."

He smirks. "Sure you were."

Why did I think he was hot again? He's so arrogant! That just ruins everything....

"Well, we're at the nurse's now. I should probably let you down...." He seemed hesitant like he didn't want to let go of me. I didn't mind strangely enough. As much as I enjoy-like any other girl in this school-being in the arms of the new hot guy, I usually avoided such close contact with guys. In fact, I would only fantasize about this kind of thing happening. Experiencing it is a whole another matter.

Wait...what am I thinking so much for? Just get out of his arms!

"Umm thanks for carrying me. I think I can manage now." I sputtered out.

He pouted. So adorable! Sigh..."Are you sure? I don't mind carrying you a little while longer."

Gosh this guy has charm. "Yeah thanks but...." He placed me down so fast that I was disoriented for a second and....

Yep, I fell down on the hallway and hit my head on the bulletin board.

The nurse came hurrying out. "Oh my, dear are you feeling alright? That's quite a nasty bump you got there."

I groaned. That hurt! Why am I injuring myself so much? "I think I need to sit down...."

"Sure, sure. You just get yourself right in....My, my. Who do we have here?" She said, face all flushed.

Great. Now I'm in the background. Mr. New Hot Guy is in the center of her attention. I bet she'll just forget about me.

He smiled, though he looked worried for some reason. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kevin and new. Kylie..well, she fainted" He turned and smirked at me. "in English today so can you please check her up for me?"

She blushed. This can't be happening. Does all women fall under his charm? "Umm sure. Of course. Kylie dear, come on in. Kevin, make yourself comfortable."

I sat down on one of the beds in her office. She fussed over my cut and asked meaningless questions while glancing at Kevin. But Kevin was just staring at me intently. Needless to say, the whole situation left me feeling quite uncomfortable.

"So Kylie, I believe you're fine. Just a small cut now. You can head off to class."

Wait, what? My head was throbbing. As much as I hate to miss English, this pain was seriously making me reconsider. "What do you mean by fine? My head throbs."

"Oh? Really? Um..." She seemed all flustered.

"Nurse, may I make a suggestion? I think Kylie should stay here for the rest of the period. There isn't much time left and I'm sure she isn't up for English in her condition." Kevin spoke with authority.

Who did he think he was? Well, I wouldn't mind but still...

She flushed again. "Why...sure. sure! It's fine. You two stay here. I need to go get some papers from the office."

It seemed like she was too flustered to stay in the same room as he was in any longer. I'm sure that only inflates his ego more.

She left quite hurriedly. As soon as she shut the door, Kevin turned to me.

He smirked. "Do you know we're alone? There's something I've been meaning to do since you fell in English..."

With that, he started to lean closer and closer....

Yes, I know. It's been like a year. I can only say sorry! Hope you liked it though!