Running Along

So...this is my first ever work on Wattpad. I would really appreciate it if you guys would comment/vote on it after reading! Thanks so much! :)

Chapter 1

Leaves swirled, flying and scattering everywhere.

It was another windy yet beautiful autumn day in sunny southern California.

A lone girl was running along a park trail. Her running disturbed the leaves on the path-they scattered yet again.

She had a quiet sort of beauty-long hazel hair with chocolate brown eyes and a slender yet althletic body-nothing flashy.  The wind blew the girl's hair out of her once tight ponytail. She sighed in annoyance as she swept those stray bangs back.

Kylie's POV

"One more mile, just one more mile to go" I chanted in my head. "One more....then I can go home and eat ice cream 'cause I deserve it!" Just the thought of ice cream could always cheer me up. Especially chocolate chip mint ice cream...that was just so good!

And I needed cheering up. This route was so long and boring-8 miles!- especially since I was running by myself. I don't mean to brag but I was fast. Extremely fast for a girl who just joined cross country, also known as XC for short, last year as a sophmore. In fact, even the guys couldn't keep up with me...I wish one of the guys could keep up with me. I mean, one of the reasons I joined XC was 'cause the guys were hot. Except I wouldn't want to date a guy slower than me. I mean, my ideal guy would be charming, hot but not too hot that all the girls would throw themselves at him, faster than me so he could always chase after me, smart so he could help me with my AP calculus hw....

I sighed. I knew I wished for too much. I mean, I wasn't even that pretty. If anything, I would be classified as a typical quiet nerd except for the fact I was a runner. A runner. I always loved running as a child but I didn't get the guts to join until my sophomore year. At first, it was crazy embarrassing since I wore jeans on the first day since I thought it was just a preliminary meeting or something. I cringed as I remembered. Everyone was looking at me if I was crazy. Needless to say, it was not a good first impression but I changed all that when I ran...

Screech. A car almost crashed into me. Why in the world is a car doing on a park trail??? I could've been killed! I glared at the driver. But as soon as I did that, I wished I never looked at him...

One look at him made my anger dissipate like ashes. He was the most amazing guy I ever saw in my entire life...when I saw him it was like I finally understood what love at first sight was. He wasn't the guy I thought he would look like though-sexy with a smirk on his face except that smirk disappeared when he saw my face. He looked shocked to see me. Did I look that bad after running 7 miles? I must've looked disgusting with sweat dripping off my face. I blushed. Ugh, so embarassing...

I started to walk up to him, "Hey, excuse me but...."

Before I could say anything else, he sped off. He left just like that. Excuse me? That was so rude. I couldn't help feeling extremely hurt even though I had no idea why. "He's just an insensitive jerk, Kylie. Don't let him bother you.", I said to myself. "It's ok". But I couldn't stop the tears that were streaming off my face. Or the sparks I felt when I looked at him...

Kevin's POV

"It's such a beautiful day, perfect if I just have a sexy chick sitting next to me", I thought to myself, smiling. I had just moved to Sunnybrooks, CA for high school. Dad had said it was a good opportunity for me to hone in my skills before I became alpha of one of the largest packs in the country. And to find my mate. There were a lot of werewolves in CA after all. But I didn't want a mate. I was fine playing around with girls and I didn't like anything serious.

I was just cruising along, enjoying the beautiful day when I felt an inexplicable urge to drive onto the park trails. I know cars aren't allowed there but something was piquing my wolf's curiosity. Then, I almost ran in this girl running...

"Shit, shit, shit", I cursed under my breath. It was a freaking human. Why couldn't they watch where they were going? So damn annoying!  Now she was walking up to me...And what was that delicious smell? It was like strawberries and marshmallows. So yummy...

"Those legs are so goddamn sexy", I thought to myself. My wolf was practically growling. WTF? Was she a threat or something? I looked up at her with my trademark smirk that would send all the girls swooning. She didn't look too bad. But then I met her eyes...

"MATE, MATE, MATE", my wolf screamed in my head. I could feel myself go into shock. What in the world is happening to me? How can she be my mate? Not that I could complain, she was pretty in a way. And her blush made me want to tease her...I just wanted to hold her in my arms and never ever let her go...Plus she smelled so delicious. I just wanted to eat her up...

She was walking up to me and she started to speak. That broke me out of my reverie fast. I had to leave before I did anything stupid. Werewolves rarely had human mates. Although it hurt so much and my wolf wanted to kill me for leaving her alone, I sped off.

But her sad yet so freaking gorgeous face was imprinted into my mind, no matter how fast I went.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop thinking about her...

Yet I had this feeling that I was going to see her again.

How is it so far? :)