Chapter 8

Michelle thinks Peter has been acting really weird, and she isn't sure how she feels about it. He had come over to give her notes that he had handwritten, and he was now hanging out with her and Jake. And he wasn't treating Jake the same way everyone else did. He was treating him like a friend. A true friend. A brother even. She sat there and stared at Peter, him and Jake on the couch in her living room and her sitting down on the floor.

They were talking about something, exactly what Michelle wasn't sure, she wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. She was focused on Peter. Why was he acting this way? I have NEVER seen Peter act like this before. I mean yeah, he's always really nice, but right now its another level of nice. What is your deal, Parker?

He smiled at something Jake said, and they both laughed while Michelle's gaze became more intense, like a trance. His smile, so bright... so happy... I wish I could be the one to make him smile like that. To make him laugh like that, so genuinely. His voice sounded like heaven to her ears. In that moment she felt so immensely drawn to Peter, her gaze, her thoughts, everything gravitating towards him.

She thought of his expression when he arrived at her place. It was one of concern, relief and suprisingly...guilt? She didn't know why it was that when he looked at the door and her window that he looked guilty. He had nothing to feel guilty about. It's not like it was him who crashed through her window to stop her from being punched in the face. Michelle winced. She tried not to think about what could have happened, and instead kept telling her to focus on what did happen.

In the split second she closed her eyes from the wince, Peter's attention seemed to change from Jake to her. His eyes searched her face as she tried not to squirm under the intense feeling of his gaze. "MJ? You okay? Are you hurt?" He said each question with barely a breath between each. She raised an eyebrow, "Yeah, fine." Peter clearly expected her to say more but when she didn't he only seemed to get more worried.

Worried she would start to blush from the weight of his eyes, she quickly got up and walked over to the kitchen. "Poptart, do you want some juice?" She called out as she bent to look in the fridge, forcing her mind not to think of Peters face as he stared at her just moments ago. "Yes please, Mitchie!" He called back excitedly. Boy loves his juice. She lifted her head a bit to look over the refrigerator door. "Peter?" He propped his head up, but she noticed that he had already been looking at her. Oooookkkaayyyy?????

"Uh, sure," He responded, looking back to Jake afterwards. As Michelle poured three glasses with orange juice her mind spun. Recently Parker has been talking to me a lot and being nice to me, more than normal. Stupid, he's probably just worried after what happened, anyone would be! ... But he has been going out of his way to do stuff. I mean he handwrote me all the notes from our classes today, which would have been no easy task, and then came over to see how me and Jake were? Why would he do that? 

Because he's your friend, silly... But what if its maybe...more than friends? I mean, I know I feel that way, but what if he suddenly does? What if now that Liz, who he had previously liked, is gone, he started to like me instead? She snorted quietly to herself. Like that would ever happen. She grabbed all the glasses and walked back over to the living room, passing one to her little brother and then Peter. They both thanked her as she sat down and started to slowly drink hers. 

She paid attention to what they were talking about now, not wanting to be with her thoughts, thinking ridiculous nonsense like Peter liking her back. It might sound harsh but to Michelle, she just couldn't figure out why he would like her. They were just friends, and she would leave it at that.

When she started to listen to them however, she rolled her eyes. They were talking about some cool game that had come out. Nerds. Not wanting to be stuck in the torture of this particular topic she cleared her throat.