||24||Home With Hades

"It's been almost a day! What's wrong with her!" Lennox voice boomed through the bunker causing everyone to flinch. The doctor who had been sent to see after Vida and there pups was of no help. She knew of supernatural beings, but she herself was human. 

"I don't know. She seems to be perfectly healthy. Maybe she's just tired." The young woman said. When Lennox turned to face her, she coward backward and stood behind Summer who glared up at the angry man.

"Being an asshole isn't helping Lennox. You're scaring the shit out of her." Summer said as she rolled her eyes. "Maybe she is tired.  The pups are healthy and their hearts are beating and Vida seems to be perfectly fine." 

"She's right Alpha." Trent chimed in as he handed Lennox a shot of scotch. The aggravated man drank it down and handed the empty glass back to his Beta before speaking. 

"Alright, I just want her to wake up soon." Lennox grabbed Vida's limp hand and intertwined there fingers as he sat in a comfortable chair beside her. She looked peaceful and free of pain and worry. Maybe she was just tired. 

The smell of pasta started to fill the bunker and Lennox knew that Lena and Wyatt were almost done with dinner. The both of them had always been amazing cooks and they agreed to make the food for everyone that evening. Vida stirred a little bit and her eyes fluttered open. 

"Something smells good." She croaked and everyone in the room laughed. Vida smiled softly but when her eyes zeroed in on the human woman she furrowed her eyebrows. Who was this woman?

"Who is she?" Vida asked as she slowly sat up with the help of Lennox. Her body shuddered at the memory of her ripping Samantha's head off and all of the werewolves from the pack running scared. That's the last thing she remember before passing out. 

"She's a doctor that Wyatt and Summer knew. She came to check on the babies and you. You've been asleep for sixteen hours." Lennox said as he caressed her back lovingly. 

"And how are the babies?" 

"T-they're fine." The woman said from behind Summer and Vida furrowed her eyebrows. "I won't hurt you." 

"She's like that because big bag Alpha over there can't keep his cool." Lena said as she walked into the room wiping her hands on a apron. She smiled and Vida as she walked over and gave her sister in law a hug. 

"How are you feeling mama?" She said as she rubbed Vida's stomach. A single kick came from the left side of her belly and that made both women smile. 

"Alright as much as I love this bonding moment, can we go fucking eat. I am starving." Trent said as he headed toward the kitchen. Vida giggled when Lena rolled her eyes and she let out a yelp when Lennox picked her up from the small couch and carried her into the small kitchen. Everyone took a seat and waited for Summer to come. After a few minutes she walked in humming but the doctor wasn't with her. 

"Where did the young doctor go?" Vida asked as Summer sat down. 

"I lead her out of the bunker and killed her." She said nonchalant. Vida's eyes widened and her mouth slacked. Summer gave her a sad smile and looked away. Wyatt was by her side in a second reassuring her that what she did had to be done because she too needed to eat. Vida instantly felt bad and apologized.

"I didn't mean to make you feel self conscious. I guess it just slipped my mind that vampires do have to feed, and she could have left and spilled the beans about our whereabouts. So thanks so much Summer." Vida gave her a genuine smile and Summer immediately returned it with her own. The food was served and everyone waited for Vida to take the first bite. Once she did everyone immediately started eating and talking. 

"So where are we?" Vida said in-between bites of food. 

"A bunker that I own." Wyatt said as he drank a glass of blood. Vida just nodded her head, the pasta she was eating was so good and the babies moved inside of her like wildfire, letting her know that they enjoyed it too. After two servings, she and the babies were full. They continued to talk about how Vida killed Samantha and now the rumors are that the babies are channeling the evil through their mother. Now Vida was considered evil, but she didn't give a shit, if anyone else threatened her babies or her, she would do the same with no hesitation. 

"Now that we are here, what's next? I know that the babies aren't evil but how are we going to convince the other supernatural creatures that they are not?" Vida asked as she sipped on water. Lennox was the first to speak.

"Well, we are more than likely going to have to have the little pups in the underworld." 

"What!!!" Vida immediately screamed as she sat down her glass. 

"Hear us out Vida." Trent said before looking to Lena. 

"Sis, it's the only place you will be safe. Hades knows the truth and he's nymphs know how to deliver babies. They will help you after they are born too, and while you guys are down there, we will be up here talking with the elders, letting them know the truth." Lena said as she stared intently at Vida. 

"Why can't Hades just come up and speak to everyone himself. Or at least the elders?" Vida questioned and everyone except for Summer, who always seemed to be lost, took a deep breath. 

"Hades is an asshole." Trent began. "He's going to want something in return. We don't know what it is yet, but we know it's going to be something unreasonable. You're due any day now from what we understand so we can't take the chance." 

"Is he even going to let me have the babies there?" 

"Yes, we have already consulted with Rainee and Hades is literally putty at her feet. He didn't want to agree but with some convincing he said yes." Lennox said as he gave her hand a squeeze. When he did this Vida's abdomen tighten violently. A deep groan left her lips as she screwed her eyes shut and bowed her head. 

"Vida! Vida baby what is it?" Lennox said as he kneeled down in front of her. Vida slowly opened her eyes as the pain subsided slightly and cupped her mates cheek. 

"I think it's time to go home to Hades."