||23||A Lie

Vida and Lennox arrived at the estate a day later, exhausted and ready for bed, but they were also excited. They wanted to see the baby for the first time and find out just how far along Vida was. When they walked the pack grounds Vida received some stares but none of them negative. All smiles and bows of respect.

"How far along do you think you are?" The pack doctor said to Vida and she looked over to Lennox then back to the elderly woman. They had seen the babies, yup all four and had the ultrasounds printed off. Even a 3d ultra-sound that proved that their little boys would be the spitting imagine of their handsome daddy.

"A little over a month give or take. Or that's what I thought before I spent time in the underworld." Vida said and she watched as the woman's grey eyes grew in astonishment. The doctor dropped her folder and stood. She raised her hands up as if she was afraid and began to back up.

"It's you." She said as she shook. "You're the one that the elders are looking for. You're the woman who's pregnant with the seed that will end us all." Her gazed darted to Lennox and she began to cry.

"You have to kill them Alpha; you have to kill them before they kills us!" Lennox let out a feral roar and the woman coward before scrambling out of the medical examination room. Vida slowly got down from the table and rubbed her belly possessively.

"What are we going to do? You know she's about to go out and warn everyone that the evil babies are about to be born." Vida said as she shook. She couldn't imagine the pain she would go through if the elders or anyone else tried to kill the babies inside of her. But she knew that she would more than likely die in the wake of it all. A sacrifice she was willing to take.

"Listen to me baby." Lennox said as he gripped Vida's face in-between his hands.  "The rumors about our sons are untrue. They aren't evil, it was all a lie that Hades told the supernatural creatures to ensure that I did not get you pregnant. Do you think I would truly get you pregnant if it were true?"

"W-What are you saying Lennox?" Vida said as a grin spread across her face and tears fell from her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"I'm saying that our little Lycans are nothing more than that. There will be nothing evil about them."

"Oh, thank goddess." The relieved woman said as she wrapped her arms around Lennox's neck and squeezed. But Lennox sighed deeply before looking pulling back and looking at Vida with worried eyes.

"But we aren't out of the woods yet baby. The other creatures don't know that and they won't believe it for a second if we tell them. They'll think we are just trying to save our boys life, so we just have lay low until you have him."

"Okay, where will we go?" Vida asked as she tried not to sob.

"I have just the place. Wyatt and Summer have-"

"Wyatt and Summer!? Have you lost your fucking mind!? Those fuckers tried to take me to the damn elders! I won't let them within ten miles of me and our boys!" Lennox knew this would be her reaction but he knew Wyatt and Summer were there best bet.

"LaVida, listen to me-" That was all Lennox was able to get out before the clinic room door burst opened. A man and two women stood on the other side of it. Their skin as pale as ghosts, their eyes red, and their foreheads sporting a pair of horns. Lennox pushed his Luna behind his back and glared at them. He bared his teeth at the three creatures and they immediately lunged, but something stopped them dead in their tracks. Like an invisible shield. Lennox turned around to see Vida's eyes pit black. She was shaking and Lennox knew that if she shifted it could very well harm the baby.

"Baby! Stop!" He shouted and Vida's dark eyes looked up to him. The three demons immediately fell to the ground and Vida's eyes went back to their natural state. Lennox didn't stop to ask questions, he just scooped Vida up and shifted. Bursting through the back wall of the hospital room, he ran through the court yard and was meet by his pack. Standing in front of them was the last person he ever wanted to see.

"Samantha, what the fuck are you doing here?" The bitch of a woman just smirked as she walked forward slowly. Vida's head snapped around at the mention of her name and before Lennox could stop her, she had jumped from his arms and stood with up.

"Oh look. If it isn't the prostitute who stole my husband and ruined my fucking life. Oh, how I'm going to enjoy killing you and those monsters in your belly." Vida let out a roar that Lennox had never heard before. She shifted without a second thought and took off running for Samantha. Samantha shifted and took off on all four toward Vida. Soon enough they both clashed.

Lennox knew Samantha didn't stand a chance so he made no move to help. Immediately Samantha latched on to Vida chest and bit down harshly, only to pulled off and slammed to the ground. The she-wolf whimpered, but Vida didn't care. She pulled the wolf up and slammed her back down, over and over until she heard boned cracking. Vida picked up a now limp wolf and with great force, she severed her head from body, with her large lycanthrope hands.