VI

*Vic's POV*

"Jaime." I glared at the mongrel, cleaning my guitar.

"Vic." He said in return, holding his bass on his lap as we sat, prepared to record in the studio.

"Okay, what's happening?" Tony sighed, sitting in our circle with his guitar.

"Jaime slept with (Y/N)." Mike updated him from behind his drums in the background.

"Oh shit." Tony whispered. It again returned to awkward silence. 

"Did you tell Jess?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He sighed loudly. "(Y/N) told me to or else she would."

"That's good." I nodded, gritting my teeth. "What happened between you two?"

"A major fight." He admitted, nodding and staring at his bass, not giving me eye contact. "But she and I decided to work it out. It's just another bump." He shrugged and looked me right in the pupil.

"Oh." I glanced back down at my instrument. Was I too harsh? Was it all really just a mass confusion?

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I packed my bags up again for Washington, this time with double for our newborn. I was happy to be with her. She was my ray of sunshine in the dark world. I couldn't believe Vic didn't even want to try and work it out after buying me that ring. 

It sits on his dresser and at night it haunts me as he sleeps on the couch. I stare at it...I would've said yes. In the mornings I even try it on. It fits perfectly...

"We better get out of here before Daddy gets back from work." I smiled at my baby. She giggled, not understanding a word I said.

"Everything going to be okay?" Mila answered me. I nodded at her. She was helping me move out, again. "I'm getting sick of saying goodbye, (Y/N)."

"Me too." I said sadly. I dearly missed my friend, Sam, but I knew I was going to miss San Diego more. "The only thing I'm excited about is Sam meeting her." I glanced down at the baby.

"That'll be fun." Mila said in a grave tone.

We quietly drove to the airport. As most babies do, mine fell asleep on the ride there. It was busy as it was a weekend and it would be a short goodbye. 

"Everything situated?" I checked all of my bags one last time before sending them through security.

"Seems like it." Mila shrugged.

"(Y/N)!" A voice in the distance called out. I looked up, glancing around. Vic was running towards us. 

"Shit." I hissed through my teeth. "Go, go, go!" I threw the bags onto the metal conveyor belt. They moved through the rubber flats.

"Please, wait!" He caught up, breathing mercilessly.

"What do you want?" Mila started her drama.

"I just want to talk to her." Vic begged.

"What?" I gave attitude.

"I...I don't want you to go. I want to work it out." He said.

"I'm leaving, Vic. If you're going to let this little thing get to you..." I shook my head.

"I don't want you to go. Jaime's getting a second chance." His eyes glistened from oncoming tears.

"I'm going. You wanted me to go...I'll go." I sighed quietly.

"No." He whimpered. "Please don't." He shook his head.

"I'm not Jaime." Those were my last words as I went through the metal detector, clear to go.

"You're testing my patience, (Y/N)!" He shouted. It reminded me of that time I asked him how long he'd wait for me. I winced as I continued walking. Anger tells the truth.

Just like that I was on a flight back to Washington. I had a baby screaming my ears off from her ears popping. I got mean looks as I sat there. I knew Sam would be happy to meet her, but my mind would be on Vic constantly. Maybe I'll come back in a few years.