Prequel

"You okay?" I heard Vic's voice in front of me as we all sat at a restaurant on a group date.

"Huh? Yeah." I whimpered, trying to keep cool as I looked over my phone. Vic had the straightest face that told me he didn't believe me.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded, putting my phone down and paying more attention to my food.

Day in, day out, ever since Vic announced us as a couple, I've been getting the worst of it from the fans via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr...any site you can imagine. I even get mail in my own fucking mailbox. How people know our address, I'll never know. All I know is that I've had enough these past few years. Vic will never propose, so what's the point of even being with him?

"I really don't feel like doing anything tomorrow." Vic sighed as we walked in the front door. Our dog, Houdini came running up to our ankles, barking and wagging his tail. 

"Dini!" I squealed, giving him the attention that Vic never does.

"You and that dog, I swear." He laughed.

"Go to bed, silly." I kissed his lips for the last time.

"Fine." He groaned like a small child and headed up the curved staircase. I watched him go up. Was I really about to waste four years of a relationship?

As soon as everything was settled, I texted my friend Mila about how I was planning on leaving. That night, I packed what I could and sneakily took it down to the living room. I was Washington bound, the place where I grew up before moving to SD my sophomore year of high school. 

I slipped into bed, under the covers and Vic's arm...for the last time. I couldn't get those words out of my head...the last time. It pained me, and I knew he would put up a fight.

"(Y/N)!" I heard shouting.

I groggily lifted my head up. I was in bed, alone. Vic saw my suitcases. I rushed downstairs to see Mila in our threshold and Vic in his boxer-briefs, confused. I slept in.

"Guys, Jesus, I'm sorry." I sighed.

"(Y/N), are you leaving me?" His voice was shaking, scared and weak.

"Vic. I need to." I nodded. "I can't take the hate anymore."

"Hate, what hate?" He complained.

"The fans! They send me stuff anyway I can get it!" I shouted at him.

"Come on, (Y/N)." Mila sighed, walking in and grabbing one of my suitcases.

"I'll get dressed." I nodded. Vic followed me up the stairs.

"(Y/N), please, there has to be another way." His voice was low.

"I'm afraid not. They're not going to stop no matter how hard we try." I zipped up my pants and headed back downstairs.

"Ready?" Mila asked. I nodded again.

"How could I not see it?" Vic sighed to himself. "We were just having fun and I should've seen your pain." This time to me.

"I'm sorry." I kissed his cheek for the last time. "Bye, Dini." I gave a tearful goodbye to the confused dog.

"Keep in touch." Vic whispered, choking as I walked down our sidewalk and into Mila's car. I was headed to the airport.