Introductions Part Two: 05

~*~

Rei looked up at the huge supermarket in front of her in slight awe.

"Let's go inside." Komaeda lead the pair inside the supermarket and Rei immediately spotted Mikan inside.

She could feel the nurses piercing glare upon her, then she turned to look at Hajime.

"U...Um...E...Excuse me..." She stuttered. " Um... Y...You see...I'm sorry!" She burst out crying.

"That's no good, Hinata-kun. You shouldn't make girls cry like that!" Komaeda scolded Hajime to which his mouth opened in surprise.

"...But I didn't do anything! Or say anything!" He exclaimed, making Rei chuckle at his reactions in the process.

Mikan stopped crying and looked over at Hajime nervously. "Ah... So your name is Hinata-san...?" She stammered. "If it's alright with you, i'd like to remember it. Can I?"

"O...Of course... I don't mind..." Hajime responded awkwardly.

"M...My name is Mikan Tsumiki. U..Um... I...I'm very pleased to meet you!" She smiled before looking over at Rei with a frown.

"Y...You haven't come here to rob me have you?" Mikan took a few steps back.

Rei huffed to herself frustratedly. "How many times- No! I'm not going to!"

Mikan began to sniffle at Rei's tone of voice. "H...Huh? I'm sorry..." She cried.

"Not you too, Rei!" Komaeda tutted shaking his head.

Rei awkwardly looked down at her feet as she began to calm down. "It's too much... My nerves... My mind's going completely blank... I thought ahead of 5000 ways this conversation could proceed, but I can't remember any!" She began to cry again.

"In that case, take your time and try to remember them. We'll be waiting here." Komaeda smiled at the nurse, not realising the pressure he's putting on her. "Don't worry about our time. We can wait as long as you need."

"Hawa...Hawawa!!!" The nurse exclaimed, visibly stressing out.

"I... don't think I'd get anywhere by asking her, so I guess I'll just hear it from you." Hajime whispered to Komaeda as the girl wailed in the background. "Who is this girl?"

"Mikan Tsumiki-san? She's a 'Super High School Level Nurse'." Komaeda explained. "If you're hurt, she's the one you want at your side... so you'd better be nice to her! It might just safe your life."

Komaeda rambled on. "Just think... a little cut could slowly get more and more infected until you die... all because you offended Tsumiki-san." He smiled weirdly.

"Okay, calm it down there, Mr Psychopath!" Rei exclaimed, giving him a light punch to the arm.

Komaeda looked down at his arm and chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry, Rei."

"Heh heh... Hehhehhehheh...!" Mikan giggled to hersel in amusement before suddenly frowning. "Ah! I... I'm sorry! I laughed without asking for permission!" She squealed.

"I... I couldn't help it. It's been such a long time since I made new friends, and I was so happy..." She became panicked again. "Oh, but you never said you agreed to be my friends! I'm sorry for saying something so impudent!"

Rei's face softened. She felt a twang of guilt for the trembling girl. She quietly walked over to her wailing figure before pulling her close, bringing her into a hug.

"Please stop crying. I'll be your friend." Rei mumbled before pulling away from the girl. She stopped crying and smiled.

"T... Thank you, you're too kind. I'm sorry about earlier..." She smiled at Rei before the three of them set off to go and meet the eccentric girl looking in the isles.