CHAPTER XLV.

chapter xlv

chapter xlv.

     Maisie woke up to the annoying buzzing of her phone alarm on her bedside table. She rubbed her eyes with one palm as she searched for the phone, eager to make the noise stop. She yawned as she looked at her lock screen, scrolling through her notifications. Most of them were social media, but one specific one caught her eye.

     'Good morning, pretty girl. I hope you slept well, and I hope you woke up with a smile because it's my favorite sight. I'll see you later, love. Happy 2 month anniversary 😘❤️'

     She felt a grin form on her face as she opened the text and replied. She was very excited for the day. It was finally the day she was gonna give him the tickets to Sydney. She couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he saw them, she really hoped he'd like it.

     Maisie pulled herself out of her bed seeing it was already 9:39. They had plans to stay at her house and have a movie night, she'd made sure that her parents, Freya and Mason would all be gone for the evening. She had loads of candies and other treats in baskets set up, each with little notecards that had cute puns that matched with the candy.

     For example, on a package of Rock candy there was a note that said "You are my" right above the word rock. Or on a package of Duo ice breakers it comes together and says "We are the perfect Duo". She knew it was cheesy, which is why she wanted to do it. She had the DVD player already set up as well as lots and lots of movies that ranged from Disney movies, to chick flicks, to horror films. Plus, she was gonna bring out pillows and blankets and all that to make it comfy, completed with popcorn and drinks.

She spent a good half hour trying to find an outfit that would be both cute and comfy. She opted for a grey sweater that fell just below her hips with fuzzy socks. She brushed out her hair that was still wet from the shower and let it be. She didn't even bother with make-up. Though she wanted to look nice and it was their anniversary, she felt that make-up wasn't required.

She looked over all the notes in the baskets once again, just making sure there was no spelling errors or anything like that. She knew there wasn't, but she was still anxious and felt the need to check. She went around the house finding all the large pillows and blankets she could.

"Maisie," came her mother's voice from the doorway. She turned around, "Hey mom."

"Your dad just left to take Mason to Sam's house, Freya is staying at Gavin's again and me and your dad are going out at 5." She told her. "Alright, Calum will be here at 6. I think."

"Okay, have fun. But not too much fun." Her mom said with a wink as she walked away. Maisie felt her face flush red, "Oh my god stop." She yelled with a small laugh.