Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to Sarah! Because part of it is in her POV and the next chapter will start out in her POV! Enjoy!!! :)

Chapter 2

Island Pacific Supermarket

4:00, 4 hours till the party.

The shelves of Island Pacific Supermarket are filled with all things needed for the party tonight, and can you guess where I am? Yes, you guessed right, the junk food section. I scan the shelves in search of good junk food for the party. I then toss a few bags of Doritos, Lays, and Barbeque chips in the shopping cart. I had to load up on the chips, if I didn't they would be gone in less than an hour. I took one look at the salt and vinegar chips and shudder, why do people like those things? They are so disgusting, and they reek to high heavens. But despite the fact of how much I despise those chips I throw a few bags in the cart anyway, knowing some people do like them. I then head a little ways down, in search of marshmallows for the bonfire. When I was about to grab them, I suddenly remember I have forgotten something else! Fire wood! Cant have a bonfire without firewood, that's for sure.

I then unzip my purse in search of my iPhone and once I have found it, I search through the contacts and press send when I reached Ryan's name. He answers on the third ring.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Hey, Ryan. Can you do me a favor? I sort of forgot something else." I ask.

"Of coarse, shoot." says Ryan.

"Well, I forgot to get firewood for the bonfire. So can you pick some up for me? I'll pay you back." I ask.

"Yeah. But you don't have to pay me back, we have firewood at my house." he says.

"That's great! Thank you so much!" I gush.

"Not a problem. Anything for you, Livi." he says and then adds "What time do you want me to be at your house to help out?"

"Uh, I will probably be here for at least an hour. How about 5:30?" I offer.

"Okay, I'll be there. Where you at?" he asks.

"Island Pacific. Shopping for some junk food and drinks. Do you have any skewers you can bring for the bonfire? If not, I can buy some here."

"Yeah, I have about twenty, so you might need more." he answers.

"Okay, how many should I buy?" I ask.

"Uh, I'm not sure. There's gonna be a lot of people there, but I don't know how many people will actually roast marshmallows and hotdogs... Well if I were you I would buy about 20. If people want to roast a smore bad enough, they can wait in line, or find a stick." he says.

"Alright, twenty it is then. Are you still gonna grill?" I ask.

"Yeah, got the meat and everything already." he says.

"Okay, perfect. See you in a bit." I say.

"Alright, bye." he says.

"Bye." I say and hang up.

After about forty-five minutes of shopping for the party essentials I am finally standing in the checkout line staring mindlessly at the array of palm trees that decorate the store. "Miss?" says the cashier in an annoyed tone. I then shift my gaze to the sixteen year old looking girl with chocolate brown hair thrown up in a sleek pony tail, wearing a aqua blue polo shirt with the name of the store on the top right corner, looking at me with her eyebrows shot up. "Are you ready to check out?" she asks. I then glance down at my cart full of groceries and back up at her. "Yeah." I say and push my cart forward and she begins ringing up my items.