Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Sara Chamber's POV

Miranda Emerson's house.

12:00 am, Right after they left the party.

"I can't believe that mutant kicked everyone out of the party." slurs Miranda as we step into my house that night. I'm having to help her in the door to keep her from falling. Miranda is very drunk.

"Miranda, you knew there wasn't supposed to be any alcohol there." I say as I'm helping her down onto the couch.

"So what? It's not my ass that would be in trouble if she got caught." she mutters defensively while going to lay down.

"Miranda, you shouldn't lay down when your this drunk. You will puke if that happens, and I will not be the one cleaning it up." I scold, the forcing her to sit up.

"Shit, Sara! Can't you just leave me alone? I can take care of myself." she snarls and goes to lay back down.

I then sigh and roll my eyes. "I'm going to the bathroom, Miranda." I say, and before she even has a chance to reply, I'm out of there.

I really didn't even have to go to the bathroom, I just needed to get away from her. Don't get me wrong, I love Miranda to death, and she's been my best friend since kindergarten, but sometimes I just need a break from her. Ever since we entered high school she has turned into someone I am beginning to hate. You know what's holding me back from actually cutting the strings of our friendship? She doesn't act like the hateful snob she is when she's not a school. When we're at my house or hers, she's just Miranda, my best friend Miranda, and not the person she is when everyone at school is looking.

I really don't know why Miranda changed, maybe she thought if she was a stuck up, hateful cheerleader then everyone would like her and she would be popular. Well, she got half of what she wanted, but not all of it. Due to the fact that Miranda is a cheerleader and is a snob, that has made her popular by default. But not many people really like her. Only people that do like her are the people that know who the real Miranda is and sees through the mask she puts on everyday when she walks out the door. Most people at school act like they like her to her face, just to stay in her good graces, but when her backs turned, they trash talk her. If what they said about Miranda wasn't true then I would tell her what they say, but the problem is that what they say is true most of the time. I'm not gonna cause drama between Miranda and those people when I know what they say is the truth. I just try to look over it.

But honestly, I have no idea what Miranda's problem is right now. She's not a mean drunk or anything, so something must have happened other than just having to leave the party early. Before returning to the living room, I flush the toilet and run the sink, just so she won't think I lied to her and all. I'm not afraid of her or anything, I just don't want to put up with her attitude.

When I return to the living room I see Miranda sitting on the couch, TV on, her knees brought up to her chest, and looking strangely sober. Now I know something's up. I go to sit next to her, and grab the remote and cut the television off.

"What'd you do that for?" Miranda says, still slurring her words, but I can tell the buzz was almost gone. She then goes to grab the remote out of my hands but before she could I toss it onto the recliner. She then goes to get up to retrieve it, but then goes unsteady and falls back onto the couch, and not attempting to get up again.

"What's up with you tonight? You've been acting like a brat ever since we left the party, what gives?" I ask, locking eyes with her.

"They know." she mutters quietly after a short moment.