2

Hard knocking echoed between the walls of my small apartment, startling me awake as I sat up in my bed quickly

        Hard knocking echoed between the walls of my small apartment, startling me awake as I sat up in my bed quickly. I could barely open my eyes as the bright morning sun made me wince, "Coming!" I yelled out and quickly slid out of bed, half rushing to the front door with what little energy I had. I could feel my anger rising as the person knocked on the door again, filling my apartment with its loud echoes, "You better stop knocking!" I yell through the door and peek out to see the familiar face.

The sleepiness that had cling to me instantly jumped off my shoulders as my eyes widened, "Oh my gosh!" I whispered and quickly tried to sort myself out, rushing to the bathroom to run water on my face and slip on any night gown since I refuse to sleep in anything but some underwear.

I rushed back to the door as the knocking began again and ripped it open, "What did I say?!" I snapped and quickly adjusted my tone as the detectives straight face reminded me of my manners. I struggled to keep his eye contact as he watched me, "It's 9:30." His tone was stern as I nervously stood in the door way.

I couldn't lie and say I didn't enjoy hearing his voice again even if it was angry.

"G'mornin." I mumbled softly as I stepped to the side to let him in, which he hesitantly entered and closed the door behind him. I tucked my hands behind my back, "I didn't mean to sleep in.." I mumbled once again and he hummed, looking towards my window, " It's alright. Get dressed." His voice was tense as he tucked his hand into his pocket.

I frowned gently, "You can take your shoes off.. I'll make you a cup of coffee if you like." I started walking towards the kitchen but he quickly spoke up,"N-No.. Just get dressed, Ms. Anderson." I looked back at him for a moment and watched as he kept looking everywhere but me.

I frowned further, "My apologies. I'll be back quickly." I didn't want to upset him further as I made my way to my bedroom. It wasn't until I got to my closet that I noticed which gown I had snatched up.

The stupid dress was a sick joke from my sister. It was basically lingerie the way the solid bodice was held up by spaghetti straps and the skirt was sheer enough to see too much if you looked long enough.

"You're 23 and still wear pastels and bows. You need something that shows you're a woman." Her eyes lit up as I opened the gift box from her. I dropped the dress back inside, "Ally!" I snap and she quickly held her hands up in defense, "It's nothing more than a nightgown!" She took it from me and held it up to my body, "Your boobs are way too nice to hide! You're lucky I didn't get straight sheer!" She wiggles her brows and I smacked her arm as we both laughed.

A knock on the door snatched me from my thoughts as Daniels voice spoke up, "I'll be in the kitchen." I quickly scrambled to take it off and grabbed a random dress from my closet, "Alright! You can help yourself to the muffins on the stove!" I yell back and quickly slide it on.

It didn't take me long to get ready. If anything, this has to be the faster I had ever tamed my curls back into a pony tail in my life.

I did my best to lay my baby curls neatly in my mirror before getting up and snatching my purse off my door hook, "I'm coming!" I yell as I quickly open my door and make my way out.