Battle Scars | 18

"Yeah, it's me," he quickly begins to untie my arms with the knife.

I watch as he doesn't lose focus cutting and grunting at the rope. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this. As played out as this may be, I thought he wouldn't have cared. But seeing him here, untying me from these ropes. I just .... It gives me hope of that family he's been promising.

The minute I'm free I fling my arms around him and let out a quiet cry. He rocks us from side to side as I continue to sob into his chest.

"Shh," he rubs my hair,"you're okay. You're okay," He pulls back,"What happened to your face?"

He examines it a bit touching at the bruises and wiping away the blood. I wince and flinch at every inch of contact until he's done.

"He," I shake my head,"he slapped me with a gun. It's two of them Chresanto. With a gun and a knife."

"Jessica, where are they?"

"I-I don't know. They .. They left out and," I choke up,"and-"

"And what?"

"They took Willow away from me."

His eyes widens and his jaw clenches. He gets up from the floor and pulls something out of his pocket.

"Chres what are you doing with a gun? Why did they take us?"

"I'll explain later Jessica, right now I need you to tell me which way they went."

I point towards the door and he starts to walk towards it. I start to slowly walk behind him due to the numbness in my legs. My entire below area aches. God, how long have I been sitting?

"Quiet." He mumbles to me as he slowly cracks the door open.

I watch as he checks to make sure no one is around before grabbing my hand and walking me behind him. I check around as well as we both tip toe our way past the front door where we first entered.

"This is where he took Willow." I whisper as we walk the same way the man walked Willow away.

We slowly walk some more until we're fully into another hall. I check left while Chresanto checks right.

"Let's go left."

"How about we split up." I look at him.

"What? No. That splitting up shit never works."

"Trust me this time okay? I got this. Have I ever steered you wrong?"

He looks both ways again sighing.

"I just don't want you anymore hurt than you are now. Alright?"

I nod. "I got this now okay?" I pull out my knife from my back pocket.

He grins at me and grabs my face passionately kissing me. If we weren't in serious danger right now I'd say this was cheesy.

Like one of those movies, you know?

We finally pull away and go opposite directions.

I huff,"Three doors."

Gosh this feels like some sick game or Russian Roulette.

If I hadn't known any better I'd think this was. Maybe a scary movie or-

Thump.

My thoughts are interrupted by a shuffling sound. I freeze and back up softly against the wall. I squeeze my eyes shut and hope that it isn't one of those guys. But then I hear an all too familiar whine.