Chapter 8

*In The Car*

GUY- Are you ready for this?

ME- Yes! This is where I'm suppose to be. I've been dreaming of this my entire life and it's finally here.

GUY- Good!  I'm glad. Before we get out of this car and hit the carpet, I have to ask you something

ME- Sure...what's up?

GUY- Will you marry me?

Whoa! What the hell? Did he just ask me to marry him? What am I supposed to say? What am I suppose to do? Oh Lordy! Think Erica...

GUY- Erica? Erica?

ERRRIIICA

*Snapping Out Of Dream*

ME- Huh? Yes...I'm awake

MUA- Lol You're all set honey. Time to go on set.

I really didn't wanna be here but I gotta make this money.

I'm on set for a NINA SKY video. I see Fat Joe chilling on the other side of the room talking to his wife. She looks really good. On the the other side of Joe, I see a skinner version of him. It was something about dude that sent chills up my spine. Not bad but good! Although his demeanor was very mean, I could see something else.

He walks to me and just handed me his phone lol. I guess he was used to getting whatever he wanted because I out my number in his phone lol.

After shooting the video, I went home to get ready for a party. My homegirl Kat came over to get ready with me.

KAT- Aye yo Erica, your phone is ringing.

ME- Who is it?

KAT- I don't know. It's a New York number.

I picked up the phone and said hello. It was Raul.

Raul must have been feeling himself by the way he was talking.  He was cocky as hell. Although I was slightly attracted to him, I couldn't help but to think about Trigga. I didn't think it was right for me to start feeling anothet guy when the wounds are still fresh from losing him.

After that phone call, I hadn't spoken to Raul for about two months. I just continued to pour myself into my work and by doing do, people started noticing lil ole me in the Hip Hop world.