~7~

~~~~~

Shikika was first to arrive, only after her sensei. She looked around in confusion, trying to catch a glimpse of Hiroto or Kohaku. Both of them were pretty punctual.

"Oh good!" Rin exclaimed in glee. "You're here!"

"Yeah, but where's Hiroto-kun and Kohaku-kun?" Shikika replied.

"I don't know, but I hope they get here soon, I have plans!" Rin smirked.

Shikika didn't like when Rin smirked.

~~~~~

"It's seriously 7:13 already?" Hiroto asked with a sigh.

"Y-yeah, and we're late." Kohaku replied.

"Well then, I think we should get going." Hiroto said. "What's the fastest route?"

"S-shinobi highway?" Kohaku suggested.

"Genius idea Kohaku-kun!" Hiroto exclaimed. "Let's get going then!"

Kohaku swung his staff onto his back as Hiroto slipped on his trench coat. Kohaku noticed a few butterflies slip into the sleeves as Hiroto tucked a few kunai into his sleeves.

"Ready to go?" Hiroto asked.

"Y-yes." Kohaku replied shyly.

~~~~~

The Shinobi Highway was just a fancy way of saying the rooftops. Shinobi often travelled on the rooftops, however you had to be careful on how you act and move. Shinobi moving fast usually isn't a good sign, along with urgent chatter. But if you act carefree and go at a moderate pace, you can skip foot traffic and go at a decent speed.

Winter time was hell though, no one used the roofs in winter after one genin almost died after slipping off an icy roof. Thank Kami there was some snow to help break his fall.

Hiroto and Kohaku leapt across the roofs with experienced grace, landing and taking off in a calculated rhythm. Despite being genin, neither of them were lacking in experience. They graduated 3 years ago and have been taking odd solo D-ranks on and off to earn money.

Hiroto did it to pass time, as his mom made plenty of money as a jonin doing A to S-ranked missions. But he had to get out of the house. He needed something to motivate him.

Kohaku did it to help Sasuke. They had both been living off of money left behind by the Uchiha clan and money that was given to orphaned children. The money would be cut off soon though. Kohaku was already 15, and the clans money wouldn't last forever. He also didn't like his younger cousin seeing him so depressed all the time.

The training ground was just up ahead, and the both of them could see that Rin and Shikika were already there, playing some kind of card game.

"Finally!" Shikika exclaimed once the last two team members made it. "I've been stuck playing card games since I got here! She's cheating!"

"Honey, if you don't cheat, what kind of a kunoichi are you?" Rin asked. "No one plays far."

"She's not wrong." Hiroto shrugged.

"I-I hate to c-call it cheating..." Kohaku mumbled.

"But that's what it is." Hiroto sighed.

"Anyway, now that all my little cuties have finally arrived, we can get started!" Rin chirped.

"What are we going to be doing Rin-sensei?" Shikika asked.

"Well, first things first, sit down," Rin sighed, crossing her arms. "We have to have a very important talk."