~6~

~~~~~

In the early morning, Hiroto crept downstairs, tip-toeing into the living room where his guest slept on the couch.

Kohaku hadn't lied when he said his hair was usually spikey. His black hair draped down to his chin and spiked out like a weird palm tree, held back by the headband tied around his forehead. Kohaku had rolled over onto his side, the blanket pulled up to his chin.

Hiroto smiled and glided into the kitchen, deciding that he would make breakfast before the team had to meet up. He cracked a few eggs and turned on the rice cooker, pulling out a frying pan for later. He hummed as he set to work, his butterflies whipping around him and grabbing things to add to the eggs.

~~~~~

Rin hadn't felt this tired since the last time she watched over Konohamaru for Ebisu. She was absolutely drained.

Not only did she learn about the past of her genin, but she decided that she had to make sure nothing happened to the team. She was going to make them stronger and have them improve in time for the chunin exams. After that, who knows. The team will either be disbanded and everyone goes their own way, or Rin is assigned a new genin team and her little genin will become a three-man squad of chunin.

Either way, she was going to make them all better. How? By starting to work on their teamwork.

She asked around the other genin sensei and asked for tips, but most weren't very helpful or helpful at all. How was green spandex going to fix everything?

Eventually, she found Kakashi, and he did manage to help a bit.

"Devise an excersize based on teamwork," He has suggested.

Rin wasn't the brightest of minds most the time, so she figured that a 3 v 1 match would help the three of them get acquainted with the others style and form some techniques around that.

She chuckled to herself.

"What's so funny nee-chan?" Asuma asked, sitting across the table from her with a slice a toast.

"I'm just thinking about the fun my genin team and I will have later today." Rin snickered.

"Should I be worried about them?" He asked.

"Probably." Rin shrugged.

~~~~~

Shikika was having a great time. Between what transpired yesterday and her full stomach, she was content.

Granted a little salty about how much the other characters have been mentioned. And that's enough fourth wall breaks for this chapter.

Sure, the clan head may have been a little mad after last nights latest pranks, but the look on his face was priceless. Shikika was forgiven with a slap on the wrist after claiming that she was "livening things up."

But Shikamaru's face when he almost swallowed a rubber duck.

"Why the fuck was there a rubber duck in my mug?!"

"April Fools!"

"It's not even fucking April!"

"Uh... May Fools?"

Good times indeed.

~~~~~

Kohaku was pleased to find that he could move again when he rubbed his eyes. He squinted at the ceiling, slowly sitting up and looking around the room.

Hiroto was nowhere in sight, but a delicious scent wafted into the room from what he assumed was the kitchen. He stumbled to his feet, cringing at the numb feeling all over his body but trudged into the kitchen.