24장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Come on, don't be like this!" Lee Sora looked down on his cousin that was laying on the couch and was munching on a chocolate bar. "You're going to gain a lot of weight if you keep eating this junk!" Sora continued and crossed her arms over her military-green romper. "We had so much fun hiking, didn't we?" The young woman asked and the boy finally glared at her.

"Fun? Do you think my foot thought it was funny? Seriously?" He glared at her and Sora pouted. "Okay, maybe it was a stupid idea to hike all the way up to the peak. But you wanted to see it, right?" - "I wanted to show it to Daera!" Donghyuck hissed and stuffed the rest of the chocolate in his mouth.

He slowly stood up from the couch and look at his cousin. "I wanted to show it to Daera! Or at least have my parents hike up there with her!" Sora pursed her lips and tilted her head like a young puppy. "I could walk her up there—" - "Don't you dare to talk to Daera ever again!"

Sora looked at Donghyuck, surprised about his outburst. "I was so stupid for believing you, Noona! I really thought she was lost in the Museum and that you cared for her. But I didn't even listen to her!" Dongyhuck sighed. "I had my parents lecture me about it. They told me how wrong I was and how mean this whole situation was. I didn't even realise Daera was hurt!"

Sora rolled her eyes. "It wasn't that big of a deal! She's a teenager, she'll get over it." Sora said and Donghyuck pressed his lips together. "That teenager is my girlfriend, Sora-noona!" 

The two family members looked at each other, daggers almost shooting out of their eyes. Sora drew her tongue over her teeth and popped her hips. "ANYWAYS", she called and looked down to Donghyuck, "since you don't want to hang out with me, let me show Daera a few shops. It's her last day after all."

"She's gone."

Sora opened her mouth but no words left her lips. "The day I made her apologise to you, the day my parents told me how wrong I was in front of the Teddy Bear Museum; this was the day Daera had begged my Mum to drive her to the airport. She left the same day. She didn't even say goodbye to me. And now I don't know if she still wants to be with me or if this was her way of saying that she wants to break up."

Donghyuck felt a pang of pain going through his leg and he sat down on the couch, hiding his face behind his hands. The memories of Daera's last day in Jeju were flooding his mind. The way his father sighed when he entered the room and sat down on the edge of Donghyuck's bed.

The singer was sitting on his bed with headphones on his head, trying to get over the weird mood that was in the car on their way home. He knew Daera wanted a bit of privacy now. But when his father told him, that his mother was currently on the way to the airport, he perked up.

"Daera has gone home. She's currently on the way to the airport, Hyuck", Mr Lee sighed and moved his fingers through his thick hair. "You didn't realise what happened earlier, right?" His father asked and Donghyuck had knitted his eyebrows and looked at his father in annoyance. "I don't know what happened, only that Sora was really worried—" - "You hurt Daera's feelings." His father grabbed behind his back and pulled out two matchings MJ Teddy Bears and a postcard. "I found this on her bed. I guess that belongs to you, Donghyuck." And with these words his father had left his room.

Donghyuck sighed. He was so stupid for not giving Daera a chance to explain the whole situation. Sure, Sora was a part of his close family; but Daera was his girlfriend and he should put her first. She was his first love and he hurt her like this.

"I've been calling her for days now," Dongyhuck told his cousin, "but she wouldn't pick up. I messed up big time, Sora-noona." Donghyuck said with a pleading look towards the older female. The woman bit her lip and retreated back. "Oh, I just remember I have to feed the fish... Bye Donghyuck, I'll see you around!" And with these words Sora left, leaving Donghyuck flabbergasted.

Donghyuck got his phone out of his pocket and looked at his lockscreen. It was a picture of him and Daera—he had his head on hers and they were both pulling a face. He loved this picture since it was so cute, yet showed his girlfriends weird and bubbly personality.

Something he didn't see at all the day he made her apologise to his cousin.

Another sigh left his lips and he went to throw the phone onto the couch when the display glowed up and an adoring photograph of said girlfriend blinked up on the screen. "No way..." Donghyuck muttered and watched the phone keep ringing.

He quickly shook his head and answered the call.

"I knew I shouldn't have called... oh shit! Ehm... hi." Darea's voice was shaking and something in Donghyuck broke once he heard her voice after almost a week of not hearing anything of her. "Daera... I'm... Hi." He answered and mentally punched himself for his stupid answer. 

"I think we need to talk," Daera said, her voice still a bit shaky. "I understand that you want to talk, but let me—" - "Please, Hyuck. Let me go first," Daera cut in and Donghyuck bit his lip. "But... if I let you go first, you're going to break up with me and I can't live with that thought." It was quiet for a while and Donghyuck's heart fell down. Did Daera really wanted to break up with him?

"I said it once, and I will say it again. Will you please let me go first?" Her voice was as stubborn as her personality was. Donghyuck sighed and finally said, "Go on. Please talk to me."