Chapter One; Training

October 30th

Dear Diary,

I've always been different from everyone else around here.... My skin is tan like theirs, but I have firey red hair, crystal blue eyes, and a small petite build. I am shorter than most, I stand at 5'4". My wolf is an amazing shewolf who's name is Foxy, I can talk to her but I have yet to fully shift. People around here say I'm weird and shouldn't be talked to because I'm different, the way I see it, I'm unique.

Today is my 18th birthday and I'm supposed to be able to find my mate at midnight. Then, after we complete the mating bond, I can finally fully shift into my wolf! Honestly, I'm not very excited because that just means I figure out how I look in my wolf form and I know it'll be shocking.

Everything I do or am is shocking to this pack, it annoys me. It also means finding a mate, and I don't want one. A mate means that I am tied down to someone the rest of my life and have to raise pups and all this crap. They expect you to stay at home, clean, raise the pups, tend to their every need, and always obey. I don't want that life, I want to be free and explore the world. I want to do something exciting with my life that makes the world see I'm not a freak.

I know most girls want to find a good wolf, settle down, have pups, and be a pathetic little house wife. I know there is something more though. Mom and dad still remind me to keep my powers secret, they say that people will want me dead or try using me for their own use. Not even our own alpha knows about my secret abilities.

I must go now, I have training with Damian in an hour and still need to shower and eat. Plus, it's my birthday, I'm going to have fun! Thank you for listening to me diary, I owe you. You'll never know how great it is to talk to someone and let all this out.

Talk to you soon diary,

Rose Marie Jones

I turned from my desk and quickly hid my diary behind my dresser in its secret spot. Just as I sat down on my bed, my mother came in smiling. She has a slim figure, dark blue eyes, tan skin, and ling brown hair.

"Damien is here early." She said still doing that strange smile. "Happy birthday babygirl! I can't believe you're 18!"

"Thanks mom. And? He always comes early then has to wait for me to shower and all. Its not different then normal." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Yes, but," she said sitting beside me, "he has also brought the alpha with him."

I looked at her strangely and leaned back slightly "Why is the alpha here? He isn't a trainer."

"No, but he has heard how you have beaten all of the trainers and wants to see how strong you really are. He is here to observe and what happens after that, is out of our hands." She said proudly.

"I guess. I can't use my ma-" I was cut off quickly by my mother. She grabbed my hand and dragged me into my bathroom, locking the door.

"Do not use it at all! We need to keep this our secret, Rose. You need to be careful. I'm not trying to scare you by saying they will try to either kill or use you, I'm telling you the truth! You are our baby girl and we will protect you all we can. But if our secret gets out, there is only so much we can do...."

I nodded my head and smiled, giving my mother a hug. "I promise, I'll try to keep as much control as I can. I'll do my best mom, I give you my word."

"That's my girl. Now get a very fast shower, don't want to keep our guests waiting."

After taking what seemed like the fastest shower of my life, I quickly threw on a sports bra, black tank top, and a pair of black shorts. Sliding on my converse, I threw my hair up in a ponytail and walked out of my room, closing the door behind me. Taking a few calming breaths at the staircase, I began walking down to the kitchen, as if it was any other day.