~Blackjack Gives Us A Lift

{Yay! Quick update! (For a change :D)}

P

E

R

C

Y

I BROKE THE CONNECTION WHEN I HEARD A SHOUT OVER THE INTERCOM. I DIDN'T HAVE much time.

I looked around desperately for something sharp, and my eyes settled on the ashtray in the corner.

I had a moment of silence for the dead ashtray as I smashed it on the floor.

Picking up a large piece of glass, ignoring the deep cuts on my hands, I stumbled over to the window. I brought my hand up to the curtain and ripped into it, breathing heavily. I felt layers of fatigue pressing down on me- another spell- and it took all of my energy to carve the crude shape of a trident into the fabric.

That's when the blast hit me from behind, and everything went black.

C

A

R

T

E

R

I FELT AWFUL ABOUT IMPRISONING PERCY, BUT SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT. WE NEEDED answers before we could let him go and he dissapeared again. I wanted to know what that thing was, who the girl was, why he had been fighting with a sword. I wanted to know what Amos hadn't told us.

Even so, I felt like a traitor when Sadie knocked Percy out. He had done nothing wrong, he just did something strange in the steam, but I didn't want to risk it. I didnt want to move him either, so I left him where he was, on the floor, surrounded by glass.

Speaking of glass, I looked around. The window which Percy had been going for wasn't smashed, and from the marks he had made in the curtain I wondered if he had been trying to break out, or...

Sending a signal.

Oops.

"Sadie!" I said, as I realised. "Get ready for company!"

She nodded grimly, and I heard an alarm blare along the corridor, where the girl was being kept. I swore, and Sadie raised an eyebrow at me, but then we were blown across the room as the window shattered, and a dark figure swooped through.

N

I

C

O

IT TOOK ME AROUND HALF AN HOUR TO REACH BROOKLYN ON A DETERMINED PEGASUS. I was uneasy, unlike percy, horses didn't like me, and being in the sky was no ticket for me either. I hoped the gods were going to be lenient on me today, and not, you know, blast me to smithereens or anything.

It was pretty easy to find the building, it was a mansion, but a layer of mist shimmered around it. Ontop of that, good old Percy, had left the sign of a trident in one of the windows.

Those idiots werent going to see it coming.

I knew Percy would want me to get Annabeth first, so I scanned the perimeter. I found her, and smashed be window to her room. She was passed out in a bed, and I gently eased her onto Blackjacks back, smiling at her sleeping face. An alarm blared, but I didn't care. I was out of there like a whippet up a drain, that is to say, fast.

My expression darkened as I went to Percys room. He was on the floor, covered in cuts and bruises, and two teenagers were standing over him. One held a curved sword, the other a curved stick.

I smashed through the window on Blackjack.

S

A

D

I

E

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE STANDING, THE NEXT YOUVE BEEN BLOWN BACK ACROSS THE ROOM by a maniac on a horse with wings. Even for us, it was pretty surreal.

The guy swung off the horse calmly, but gave it a nervous look. He turned to us, and my heart skipped a beat.

He looked exactly like anubis, soft dark eyes, with shaggy black hair and pale skin. He held an ebony black sword, which seemed to suck the life out of the air. I blinked rapidly.

"Anubis?" I muttered, and he scowled at me. Carter gave me a 'shut up' look.

The dude inched over to Percy, and I heard hs intake of breath. I felt guilty as hell, bu I readied my wand. Carter lunged at him from my side, swinging his khopesh, and I smirked. Anubis-kid didnt stand a chance.

As it turned out, he did. He batted away Carters swing easily, lunging and sweeping his sword in a totally unorthodox technique. I gulped.

"Ha-Di!" I called, but he batted away my spell and went back to his fight.

He smiled grimly as he lunged forward, sending Carter flying across the room. "You're lucky it wasn't Percy fighting, or you'd be dead already." he grunted, moving back over to his prone friend. He lifted Percy and gently laid him on the Pegasus, strapping him in. I noticed his blonde friend had already been rescued. He slapped the horse on the backside, muttering "Get a move on, camp half blood" and the winged horse flew away. He turned to us again, and I held my breath.

He smiled sadly.

. "That wasn't a wise move. You, my friends, have declared war on the Greeks. Hope you're ready for it."