Plan successful? - Chapter 3

I Haven't Even Had My First Kiss Yet.

Plan successful? - Chapter 3

The rest of today goes as boring as usual without Lia. And makes me wonder exactly what is going through that little head of hers. I am anxious to find out what else she plans or what else I need to know.

I am currently in the school's cafeteria. Sitting alone, I can't help but catch a glance toward Dave's table. It is packed. No surprise. The curiousness inside me could not dissipate and I want to see how he is acting. Especially after our accidental kiss. To my shock, he's smiling broadly at all of his fellow companions, laughing loudly at all of their jokes, as though he wants me to hear from where I am.

Frowning, I look up at the clock. Ugh! If only this period would end.

It's not that I mind or anything, but it would've been fun for me to see him at least retaliate in a way he never did. Yet, he isn't fazed at all, as though what happened earlier didn't happen. Either that, or something is up with him. I slam both my hands to my cheeks, slapping myself, trying to snap out of it - wanting to just stop thinking about him. Every thought of him would just bring back that humiliating kissing moment, and I just can't accept it. Even if somebody asks me if I have ever had my first kiss, I'm sure I would still, endlessly reply "no". The kiss Dave and I shared is a mistake. A mistake I wish I could erase like on a piece of paper.

Folding my arms onto the table, and laying my head on-top, I think - if only it would be that easy, if only...letting out an exasperated sigh as well.

___________________________________________________________________

Returning home, I hurry up to my room. I am not in the mood to talk with my family. True, I am an only child, but talking with my parents is so annoying. All they do is have these high hopes and expectations for me. That always just irks me to no end. If only I could be more liberal. I am grateful that I at least have my room as my own private sanctuary.

I throw my bag on the floor and burry my face into the bed. Breathing in, I smile. A nap wouldn't hurt anyone, and I feel like I really need one; I am desperate for an escape. Either it is napping or going back out and talking with my parents. Of course I choose the nap since it is the easiest.

And, as much as I want a nap, my rest is gonna have to hold off for awhile, since right on time, Lia calls.

"What's up?" I answer my phone, my voice coming out all groggily.

"I know, I know. I ruined your precious nap like I always do," she says all too knowingly. I roll my eyes. "But, all I wanna say is that you have to come to the front of the school tomorrow, right at the end of eighth period and when all the buses are gone. It will be deserted."

My neck turns to the side, "And why may I ask?"

Hearing her chuckle, she replies, "Because, it's the perfect time for me to chat with you-know-who."

I gasp. "What exactly are you gonna say to him, Lia? What are you up to?" I am way too curious. She knows I would always be curious in the end. It is always useless to say or ask anything though. Since, she would always endlessly leave my questions unanswered.

Lia laughs and says "You know better to not question me, Mia. Trust me, okay? And remember to come!" I know those words all too knowingly. Familiar words that woulds always keep me hoping for something good to happen and that miraculously for her plan to go succesfully.

Before I could say or utter a word for assurance, she hangs up. Looking over my phone, I think, classic old, Lia.

"Must you always leave me without any answers?" I say, looking at the screen of my phone as if though I were talking directly to Lia. I put it back under my pillow and face up toward the ceiling. I cross my arms behind my head, my elbows across from each other, and marvel at the ceiling. "How interesting you look today, ceiling." I inversely smile. I flutter my eyes closed, and silently think to myself.