Twenty-Three

Twenty-Three

Laura's POV

We sit in the cell quietly. I untie the ropes the officer so badly tied and took off the bandana on my mouth letting it hang around my neck. I hear a snicker from Ross's cell, I turn and weakly smile at him.

"He's going to be soo pissed when he comes in." Ross says beaming his pearly white teeth at me. I shrug, "He tied really bad." I turn away.

Pain. I'm in so much pain. My whole body aches, my cheek hurts so bad. And the worst part, Ross. Ross hasn't even noticed yet. When we went to the zoo I tried to ignore all the pain. Emotionally and physically. But in this cell, at this moment, it all came into me like a truck.

"Laura?" Ross says in a concerned voice. My whole body shaking - from all that's happened to me. "Yeah?" I say trying to make my voice not shaky at all. "It's going to be okay, Laur." I assume he's taking that I'm scared about being in a prison cell. I nod my head and rest it on my knees. Tears start rolling down my cheeks, I try to contain them but I fail.

Jake. What if- oh crap. Kill me please? You have to tell the police. Ross needs to tell them. Someone does. The voice inside my head tells me. But I can't... Part of me wants to see Jake rot in jail forever.. But another part remembers when he wasn't abusive. When he was just Jake. Just my Jake.

I just can't do it. I at least need to get him in a mental hospital. That's what he needs. A jail cell- no. He isn't the guy everyone sees. He's better than that. And I know that.

The metal door creaks open I pull my head up to see a familiar blonde mom crossing her arms around her chest giving us both a disapproving look. The officer comes to unlock my cell.

"Alright you learned your punishm-" he looks at me stunned. A "o" shape forms in his mouth. His face turns red and very angered, "What.. Girl I'll-" I walk past him and quickly go to Stormie. She hugs me tightly and examines my face. Tears start pouring down my face.

"Oh honey." She starts to cry. She sees my pain. She pulls me into another hug. "You're safe now baby. Nothing and no one is going to hurt you anymore." She assures me. And I need it. I needed it. I wanted someone to tell me I'm safe. That no one is coming to get me.

I nod my head and pull away. The officer unlocks Ross's cell and Ross races over to us. Stormie pulls her son into a hug then pulls away.

"Let's get out of here." Ross and I follow Stormie.

"Lean on me... When you're not strong. I'll help you caaarrryy ooon." Stormie shuts off the music in the car off agrresively.

I sigh and lean my head on the window. What am I going to do? Will Ross tell? Of course he will. He loves you. My self conscious says. Does he? Someone who loves me wouldn't of taken me to a zoo when I've been practically beaten. I have a lot to think about. And I'm glad Stormie shut off that depressing music, leaving the car in complete silence so I can let my thoughts collaborate.

"SHAWTY HAD THEM APPLE-BOTTOM JEANS, BOOTS WITH THE FUR! (THE FUR) THE WHOLE CLUB WAS LOOKIN' AT HER! SHE HIT DA FLOOR"

I spoke too soon. Ross was singing the words to the song, quietly. I pull my head so they can both see it and frown at Ross. He turns and grimaces a little. Then shamefully turns off the music.

"Uh, sorry Laur." He says looking down, sadly. My frown softens due to his sincerity. I pull back and lean in my seat, "It's fine Ross."

"Look Laura, we have things we need to talk about."

I narrow my eyes at him. Right now? In front of his mother? "Right now? This very moment?" I say giving slight attitude. He frowns, "No. Later though. Just thought you should think about what we need to discuss."

I give him 'the look'. He sighs and turns back to the road.

This is going to be a long car ride.

AN:// sorry for late update, high school exams are this week. Yay.

Comment, vote.