Twenty-Two

Twenty-Two

Laura POV

"Hey!" I whisper through the black steel bars. "Ross! Ross. Are we gonna be in here forever?!" I say scared.

"Laura, no. Chill. My moms coming." He says rubbing his face. My bottom lip trembles, "I think.. I think we-"

"Hey! Kids!" A loud voice echoes through the cells. Ross and I poke our heads through the bars, seeing who it was. A officer clutching his gun glares down at us. "You're not suppose to talk. I don't want to tell you for the tenth time, god dammit!"

I raise my hand. The officer rolls his eyes, "Yes?"

"Um.. What if it's an emergency or something.." I say wondering. Ross speaks up, "Or if I have to pee...cause like.. My bladder- very small." I snort at that and the officers face turns red.

"For the love of god!" He rubs his face in annoyance and frustration. "So... is that our answer or?" The officer comes close to me. About an inch.

"The answer is no! Shut your mouth girl or you'll stay here and be my prisoner!" He yells right in my face, his spit getting everywhere. I pull my head out of the bars of my cell and wipe off the spit. "Well jeez. It was just a question. Say it don't spray it." I mutter. And the officer raises his eyebrows as Ross covers his mouth in shock. Crap.

"You're on very thin ice young lady." The officer says pointing a finger at me. He sounded like my dad for Christ sakes. I snort at that but the officer frowns at me. "Um.. Whoops." He rolls his eyes and leaves.

"Laura." Ross whispers, "Yeah Ross?"

"I have to pee.."

I laugh really loud and the doors open again. The same officer comes in and grabs duct tape, covering it over my mouth. He handcuffs my wrists and I glare up at him. I glance at Ross and he's trying not to laugh. The officer nods and closes my cell, "There. Now you can't talk or move at all."

I frown deeply at him, is he even allowed to do this?

10 hours earlier

Laura's POV

Almost there Laura. Almost to Sydney.

I almost do a happy dance once I reach the sign that says 'Sydney exit' I happily change lanes and drive towards a telephone again. It was a nice town outside where Ross is probably.

I turn off the engine and exit the green bug. I take out my quarters from my pocket and head to the phone. I dial Ross's number.

"Hello?" Ross answers tiredly. I frown, "Hey, Ross. I'm in Sydney. Where are you?"

Silence..., "Me too. Where.. Where exactly are you?" He asks me. I look around to see I'm by some sort of zoo... That's weird. "Im like by this zoo. Where are you?"

Silence.. And more silence.. I frown. "Ross? Ross?"

"Excuse me, miss?" A voice says from behind and taps my shoulder. I swat the hand away, "I'm using my quarters, so no. I don't have spare change." I tell the man behind me thinking that's what he wants.

"Ross? Ugh. Ross!" I hang up the phone and rest my head on the steel telephone box. Suddenly someone hugs me from behind.

I start to fling myself everywhere, "Get off! Get off of me!"

"Laura! It's me." I stop, realizing it was him... That blonde boy. I turn around and see him with a wide happy grin. I return it and hug him tightly.

"I'm so glad to see you Ross. Oh my god." I tell him with tears in my eyes. He hugs me tighter- if that's possible.

"You don't even know Laura. I was going insane."

We pull away from probably our ten minute hug. I speak up, "Wanna go to the zoo?" I say raising my eyebrows suggestively. Ross grins, "Let's role, my lady." He grabs my hand and we walk into the small zoo together.

~*~

"Hahahha!" I clench my stomach at Ross's joke about the monkey we were watching. Ross shakes his head. We've been walking around in here for about 6 hours. It's nine- almost ten at night. What time does this thing close..?

Ross and I continue our journey. We reach a koala den. A mother and baby koala. A fence is all that separated us between them. Ross looks closely at the den. I narrow my eyes at him...

"Laura! Holy shit! There's a 100 dollar bill in there." I look to where he's pointing and yes, there is. I nod my head, "Yeah, there is."

Next thing I know Ross is climbing the fence.

"Ross!" I say in a whisper, looking around to see any guards. "Get down!"

"Shh.. I'm almost over-" THUD. I rush to the fence to see Ross on his back, grunting at the force. "Ahh, damn." He says getting up and stretching his arms quickly. I shake my head. He rushes over to the 100 dollar bill and happily jams it in his pocket.

"Okay Laura, I need you to help me." I frown deeply, "Oh. No sir." I say crossing my arms, "You got in there, you can get out. By yourself."

Ross gives me an irritated look. "C'mon, Laura hurry and just help me!" He pleads. I roll my eyes and climb the fence I reach out a hand to Ross and he grabs it climbing the fence as well.

"Ross don't put your foot ther-" too late. We both fall in the den. THUD. "Holy!" I say. We both get up and look around. No guards yet.

I look and see the baby koala coming towards me. My face is in awe. "Hey there little cutie." I say picking it up. It makes some noise and bites my nose. I let out a huge scream. The satan is still biting my nose, "Ross!" I yell, "Ross, get this satan off of me!" I yell again. Ross tickles the belly of the koala and it lets go of my nose. I rub my nose sadly.

And I thought koalas were nice and cute.

No, no. They're demons.

"Hello? Anyone there?" An Aussie guard says walking our way. I flip, "Hide! Gotta hide!" I whisper scream to Ross. "Where? Where are we gonna hide?" I frown, "Follow me." We both start quietly walking away from the fence.

"FREEZE!" We both freeze. I feel a light on me.. God dammit.

"Turn around, slowly. With both hands on your heads." The low Aussie voice says. Ross and I do as told and smile awkwardly to the cop and guard.

"Hiya...?"

~*~

I frown as Ross and I are handcuffed in the backseat of a police car, heading to the police station to be held in a cell for questioning.

"This is all your fault." I whisper to Ross. Ross looks taken back, "No! You had to pick up the baby koala!" He says back. "But if you didn't climb the fence to get the dumb bill then mayb-"

"Shut up! Both of you. We are here."

Ross and I climb out of the car with the police behind us, guiding us to the front.

Great, just great.

AN:// I hope this made you laugh a little!

10 comments

20 votes