Forks

Charlie put down his phone and collapsed on the old couch in his living room. He felt like he was about to faint. After all, it's not every day that someone calls to tell him that they are his long-lost daughter. The girl, Hermione Granger, told him that her mother's name is Jean Granger, and Charlie immediately recognized it. He knew Jean. In fact, she was one of his closest friends back when they attended Gray Harbor College. The last he heard of Jean was nearly eighteen years ago when she came to Washington for their college reunion.

She told him she was married and living with her husband in London, and that they had trouble conceiving a child. He told her that he had married Renée, and that they've been fighting a lot lately. She wanted to move away, he wanted to stay. They chatted about their problems for a long time with drinks in their hands, and then they got to reminisce about their time in college. One too many drinks and a few good memories later, they ended up in bed.

They both agree that it was a mistake and not to mention it ever again. After all, it was only a one night stand and he still wanted to be with Renée, the love of his life, and Jean loved her husband. For the past eighteen years, he never heard from her again, until today that is.

A truck pulled in to his driveway and he instantly recognized it as Bella's. She got out of the car with her backpack hanging from her shoulder and a smile on her face.

"Where have you been?" He asked when Bella entered the house.

"I had dinner with the Cullens."

Charlie was about to lecture her again about the Cullen. Not a week ago Bella was miserable when Edward left her. Charlie didn't know what happened in between, but now the Cullens are back, and Bella and Edward are closer than ever. Charlie then remembered he had more pressing issue to discuss and should save the lecture for next time.

"Bella, sit down. We need to talk." He patted the couch beside him.

"Okay?" Bella raised a brow before she sat herself beside him.

Inside his head, Charlie arranged the words he was going to say to break the news to his daughter. It's harder than he imagined. For a while he sat there, lost in his thoughts while Bella waited for him to speak.

When her patience ran out she finally asked. "Is everything okay?"

"I..." He stammered, looking distraught and Bella instantly knew that something was wrong. Charlie took a deep breath and held it for three seconds before exhaling, and then he continued.

"Bells, there is no easy way to tell you this, so I'm just going to give it to you straight."

Bella nodded, looking seriously at her father.

"I just found out today, that I have another daughter."

"Excuse me?" Bella's eye widened in shock as her voice reached a higher pitch.

Charlie sighed. "It's true, Bells. I didn't know she existed until today when she called me."

"She called you?" Her voice still as high.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Well, what did she want?"

"She wants to meet us."

"And what did you say?" She folded her arms in front of her chest.

"I said yes. " Charlie said. "She's coming to Forks next month."

"Are you serious? We know nothing about this girl. For all we know this is all just an elaborate scheme to extort us." She argued.

"Who would want to extort us? It's not like we're super rich." Charlie said, seems amused at the idea. "Besides, I knew her mother."