Eggshells

The last couple of days have been somewhat strained. Ever since Andreas told me basically to stop looking into things we have been kind of at odds.

Last night I overheard Andreas complain to Mia about me, and she reassured him saying that it was my hormones at work. I roll my eyes I thinking of the memory.

I make my way down to the kitchen to find something to eat. My stomach seems to be getting bigger and bigger each day. The weight of it forces me to unconsciously hold it all the time.

"Guten Morgen liebe" Mia says to me as I make it down the last step.

I smile at her and walk over to give her a hug. Today she has her long graying hair down her back instead of in a tight bun, and it looked beautiful around her diamond shaped face.

Walking over to the breakfast bar I see that Mia has made a traditional German breakfast.

"This looks so good Mia" I say my eyes getting big.

There's a variety of rolls and even hazelnut spread, my favorite. She also has a separate plate full of different meats like salami and ham. My stomach rumbles just looking at it. I swear eating all this bread everyday is making me thick as hell.

Sitting down I start to get a little sad and I know Mia notices.

"What's wrong meine liebe?" She asks worriedly.

"Do you know where Andreas is?" I ask missing him.

"He's actually up and told me to get him from his studio when you woke up" She smiles rubbing her hands off on her apron and walking out of the kitchen to go get him.

I get butterflies in my stomach like a little school girl. I can't believe I still get like this around him I think smiling to myself.

I've decided that today I'm going to visit a little shop on the countryside about an hour outside of Hamburg. I remember Andreas' mother telling me that she would go there all the time to get Andreas little hats and boots when he was a baby. I thought it would be so sweet if I got some traditional German things for August to wear. I know that would make Andreas so happy.

I hear talking and I look up to see Andreas walking into the kitchen. His ears are red and his eyebrows are all furrowed. It looks like he's been in another argument again I think to myself.

"Guten morgen baby" I say to him.

He gives me a smile and walks over to me and cups my face giving me a kiss on my forehead. I get an extra plate off the table and start to put his favorites on it, as I make his plate for him he picks up my legs and places it over his.

We enjoy the quiet while we eat. I steal glances at him unsure if I should ask him if he's ok. I feel like I've been walking on eggshells around him for the past couple of days and I don't know what's gotten him so uptight or what will set him off.

While I eat my hazelnut covered rolls I feel August kick and I smile. I look down at my big belly, lifting up my shirt I tap my stomach softly and wait to see if he'll kick again.

I look up at Andreas and he's already looking down at me. His face has softened and he's smiling which makes me smile even harder.

I laugh when August kicks again.

"He can tell when Daddy is around" I say smiling up at Andreas.

Andreas puts down his salami and places his huge hands on my bare stomach. He leans over and kisses my stomach over and over. I play in his blond hair as he does it. He places his mouth very close to my stomach and starts speaking sweet little things in German to our baby.

I smile feeling really happy.

Andreas looks up at me and says "he's going to be a strong boy" and smiles.

"Just like you" I say looking into his eyes.

He pulls me close and kisses me. I place my hand around the back of his neck not letting him go letting the kiss get deeper. We kiss for a while and only stop when we hear Mia come back into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry I've been so distant lately, you don't deserve that leibling" Andreas says softly to me rubbing my thigh.

"It's ok" I say resting my head on his strong shoulder.

"Oh I almost forgot, today I'm going to go to that quaint little shop your mom was telling me about a couple weeks ago" I say getting excited.

I feel Andreas stiffen under me and I lift my head to meet his eyes. He looks a little bothered but I don't know if I'm just making that up in my head.

It gets really quiet and I hear Mia drop something which makes me look at her, and she looks like she knows something.

Confused I look back at Andreas.

"You know which one I'm talking about right? The one that has the family that makes the traditional German clothing by hand? I thought Ide get August a little hat and maybe a cute little baby blanket too" I say smiling.

Andreas doesn't seem as happy as me which throws me.

"We can't go today I have some business I have to tend to in the city" is all he says.

Looking at him weird I say "Oh that's ok I had planned to go by myself anyways, I wanted what I got made to be a surprise to you".

I search his eyes and he looks a little uneasy.

"I don't think that's a good idea leibling, just stay here" is all he says as he gets up to take our plates to the sink.

I sit there a little caught off guard and stuck, did he really say just stay here? I think to myself.

"What do you mean just stay here? The doctor says I'm fine to go places?" I say rubbing my stomach.

"I said just stay here Naomi" Andreas says raising his voice with his back turned to me.

I actually start to get upset who does he think he is to tell me that?

I stand up and make my way to the sink next to him.

"Why do I have to stay here Andreas? You act like I can't do anything by myself??" I say with my face scrunched up.

"I let you go places near here don't I ?" He asks turning to look at me now.

I have to crane my head up because he's so tall, but I don't let that intimidate me. Nobody is going to tell me what I can and can't do.

"You let me??" I ask looking up at him crazy.

"Yes I let you, you're holding my child I won't have you just going anywhere here alone. You barely know the language or the area, just stay here, it's not safe for you" he says sternly.

"That's what GPS and google translate is for!" I yell getting annoyed.

"Don't argue with me on this schätzchen, what I said is final" he says sternly.

"Um...I'm not gonna just stay here, you'll have to just be upset cuz I'm going" I say with an attitude.

I see Andreas tense up and I can see him visibly getting angry.

"Why can't you just do what I say!?" He yells slamming his hand on the counter. "All I-"
Andreas starts to say to me but Mia comes in and cuts him off.

"I will go with her" is all she says cutting Andreas off.

"Will that appease you both?" She says looking back and forth at us.

Andreas looks away "Fine. Just keep me updated" is all he says and leaves the kitchen.

I'm left there still in shock by how he acted.

Mia places her hand on my shoulder "please don't be upset, I've known him and the Krauskopf family for a long time, he means well".

I hold back a tear and say "I'll be ready by noon".

Do you get where Andreas is coming from? Or are you on Naomi's side? 🤔🤔

Hey guys a little longer chapter for you ❤️ thank you for continuing to patient and still read. It means a lot.