Chapter Twelve

A/N: 

Just thought I let you know that KGB are vodka and lemon, so you guys don't get confused :D

****************

We arrived at the party just after nine. We walked up the steps and through the already open front door. The house was very spacious and there were people scattered around the lounge. It wasn't a huge party, so there were only ten to fifteen people in this room. I quickly sent Jason a text like he told me to.

Here :) - Ollie

I looked around and recognised a few people from school. Noah ditched Aria and I to go talk to some of his hockey buddies, so we decided to open our first drink and went over to some girls in our class. "Olivia, Aria, I didn't know you guys were invited?" Riley asked us.

"Yeah, Jason invited Olivia, so Noah and I tagged along," Aria quickly answered before I got the chance, I gave her a glare. "Really? I didn't know you and Jason were friends," Thalia butted in. "We're not that close." I looked at my phone to see if Jason had answered my text.

Be there soon x - Jase

My heart skipped a beat from the 'x' he sent, I'm sure it was just an accident, no point getting worked up about it. Aria and I continued making small talk with Riley and Thalia whilst drinking our KGB, I had just finished mine when Noah had made his way over to us. "Hey, baby," Noah greeted and pecked Aria on the cheek. "Just text me when you want to leave Ollie," Aria said whilst walking away with Noah. I opened another drink and looked around for Jase, but he wasn't in sight.

I still hadn't heard from Jase after finishing my second drink and small talk with Riley and Thalia got boring so I put the rest of my drink on a table and decided to walk around to find someone else to talk to. I went into Finn's large kitchen and saw Amber hooking up with Andrew against the fridge. Not wanting to see that, I left the kitchen and made my way outside onto the porch looking out over the quiet suburban street. I felt my phone vibrate in my bra,

I'm here, where are you? - Jase

Outside on the porch - Ollie

A few minutes later I heard the sliding door open, I turned and saw Jase standing there. He was wearing mustard chinos and a fitted grey t-shirt.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Jase apologised.

"It's okay, you didn't miss much anyway," I shrugged it off.

"'Course not! Now that I'm here the party can begin!" Jase sarcastically said and I laughed. We looked at each other for a moment before Jase's eyes flitted down my body and back up again. "Who knew that you had legs under all those clothes!" Jase joked.

"Wow, what a compliment," I scoffed, turning away from him. He reached his hand out and gently touched my shoulder, turning me back to face him. "I was joking, seriously though, you look great Ollie," Jase said while staring into my eyes.

I blushed, "I guess you don't scrub up too bad yourself, mister."

Jase grinned at me and nudged me with his elbow, "Hey, why don't we go inside and grab another drink? I don't want you to freeze your legs off! I've barely got to know them," Jase said whilst grabbing my wrist and leading me inside.

Jase continued to hold my wrist as he led me through the house, "I should probably go talk to Finn, since it's his party," Jase told me, I grabbed a few of my drinks off the table and looked back at Jase. "Okay. I'll just go find Aria then," I replied trying to mask my disappointment.

"I meant that you'd come as well?" Jason mumbled.

"Oh." Jase smiled at me and led me over to where I assumed Finn was. Finn was with a couple of Jase's other friends, Elijah and Luke. Jase did the common "bro handshake" with all of them, while I just stood there not knowing what to do. "'Sup guys, you all know Ollie right?" Jason asked.

"Of course mate, been at the same school since primary," Finn answered, nodding his head at me. Finn is shorter than Jase but brawnier. He's of Maori descent, so he has tanned skin. He also has dark brown eyes and short black hair, he was quite good looking, as was your typical rugby player. "Hey Finn, is Rachel here?" I queried.

"Nah, she had to travel to Hastings with her parents for her Nana's 80th," Finn told me.

"Cool, I love Hastings." I said as I sipped my alcohol, I was starting to feel a warm buzz from the alcohol in my system.

We kept talking to Finn, Elijah and Luke. I must admit, I never knew Finn could be so funny, I guess I never really spoke to him much before. Jase kept glancing my way throughout the whole conversation, it made me feel very insecure. "Do you want to go out to the fire pit?" Jase whispered in my ear, I nodded. "Guys we're just going to go out back by the fire, see y'all later," Jason informed them in a fake American accent.

"See ya on the flip side," Finn answered whilst Elijah and Luke gave us the one head nod.

Jason led me out the back doors and into the yard. There was a cosy fire pit and seating area that was lowered into the ground. We sat down next to each other. "I'm really glad you came Ollie. I enjoy spending time with you," Jase admitted, locking eyes with me.

"Me too," I responded.

"We should hang out more," he suggested.

"Yeah, definitely," I agreed as I sipped the last of my drink and grabbed another. "Do you want one?" I offered Jason, he grabbed it off me. We sat there for a few minutes silently drinking. Feeling the confidence that comes with drinking alcohol, I leaned over and put my head on Jase's shoulder, he stiffened slightly before putting his arm around my shoulders. Jase smelled like vanilla. His body heat radiated off him, warming me up. I must admit, it felt nice to sit there next to Jase, if only he never dated Lauren, that would have made my life so much simpler.

I glanced up through my eyelashes at Jase's jawline, admiring it as he smiled. It was one of those moments that you just felt contempt with life, where time didn't seem to pass and you could stay like that forever. Jason broke the silence, "You know, here we are sitting together and I don't even know your favourite colour," he mused, "You'd think that would be number one in getting to know someone."

"Is that the one question you've been dying to ask?" I joked, "If you must know, it's green. Yours?" I said as I looked up into his green eyes.

Jason rested his head back against the concrete behind him and closed his eyes. "I guess it would be red," he answered.

"Why's that?" I asked curiously. He was about to answer before being interrupted by the stereo's volume being turned up rapidly. We both grinned at each other as we recognised the unique intro of Blue Swede's: Hooked on a Feeling. Jason quickly got to his feet, dragging me with him. I yelled, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Oh, you are going to dance with me, Olivia Greene, whether you like it or not," he challenged with a mischievous smile on his face.

Lets just say, neither of us were particularly flashy on the dancefloor. Our dancing consisted of us pulling faces at each other whilst trying to pull off the most ridiculous moves we could think of and singing along loudly to the music. After the song ended, we breathlessly made our way into the kitchen where Finn, Noah and Aria were hanging out. Noah raised his eyebrows at us, "Well you two sure have been gone a while," he said suggestedly.

I didn't know what to say. Thank God Jason interrupted, "Hey, I could say the same to you lot," he said, brushing it off as he went to look in the fridge for more drinks. 

****************

A/N: 

Hey Guys

Video on the side >>>>>>>>

Blue Suede's Hooked on a Feeling

Hope you enjoyed the Chapter :)