Chapter Five

I spent Sunday finishing off some homework and I dreaded going to school tomorrow. But unfortunately time doesn't revolve around me and Monday morning came quicker than I would have preferred. So on Monday morning after I woke up, I quickly got dressed in my school uniform and braided my auburn hair down my back, I grabbed an apple on my way out and walked to the train station.

Once I was at school, I went to our usual spot on the outside seats, Aria was there laughing at something her boyfriend Noah had said. I really like Noah, he was almost as nice as Aria if that was even possible. "'Ello love birds," I greeted whilst sitting down next to Aria.

"Hey darl, how was your weekend with Jason?" Aria queried, Noah gave her a confused look

"You were with Jason? I thought there was some unwritten rule that girls don't date friends ex's? You know, sisters before misters or breasties before testies or chicks before dicks," I gave him a horrified look.

"I'm not dating Jason! He only came over so we could do our classics assessment. That's it." I almost screamed at him, I don't understand why everybody thinks something is going on between Jason and I. "I was just kidding Olivia, I know you would never go behind Lauren's back like that," Noah stated. I honestly didn't know how I felt about Lauren at the moment. It would take Lauren on her knees begging for my forgiveness for me to be her friend again, I laughed at that thought, as if Lauren would ever apologise to me. The bell interrupted my inner monologue and so I got up, bid goodbye to my friends and went to form-time.

*******

Before second period I went to the bathroom and, on my way out, I saw Lauren and Jason having what looked like a heated argument. Lauren was waving her arms around looking like a mad woman. Not knowing what to do, I stood slightly behind a pillar and inched closer to see if I could catch anything they were saying. "What's going on between you and Olivia?" Lauren demanded.

"Nothing is going on between Olivia and me! But if there was it wouldn't be any of your goddamn business!" Jason shouted before he stormed off, presumably to class because the second bell had rung. I watched as Lauren went off in the opposite direction. After she had definitely left I made my way to my maths class, which Lauren was supposed to be in, but I guess she was skipping it today.

********

At break it was just Aria and I because Noah had to do a makeup test for biology. We sat on the grass and ate our lunch, enjoying the sunlight on our faces, "Do you wanna come over on Saturday for a sleepover, just you and me?" Aria asked me. I thought for a second I didn't know if Jason wanted to do anymore work on our project, but I decided we could just do some after school instead. "Yeah sure, I'll come over at about 4:30 after I finish work," I replied.

"Sweet as," Aria responded. We spent the rest of break discussing what we should do Saturday night, I managed to convince Aria to watch a movie of my choice.

Surprisingly, I didn't see much of Lauren over the next day, which I am quite relieved about. Jason told me in classics to meet him by his car and I'll just catch a ride to his house. After the last bell rang I headed towards the carpark and waited by Jason's car. After a few minutes I saw Jason emerge from the gate, "Shit, sorry. Coach had to talk to me about the game this weekend," Jason apologised whilst unlocking his car door.

"It's all good," I replied while getting into his car, carefully making sure not to bang my head again. "So have you done anything more on classics?" he asked while pulling out of the car park. "Nah, I have been pretty preoccupied lately," I answered briefly.

"Hey, I wanted to apologise for the way Lauren behaved on Saturday, she was completely out of line," he smiled and looked at me.

"Why are you apologising? It's not your fault she's being a bitch."

"I know, I just feel bad, I don't want to come between you guys' friendship."

"Don't worry you're not, something like this was bound to happen anyway."

"I'm still sorry though, I never thought she could be such a dickbutt," he looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"A dickbutt? You have the weirdest insults"

"You're just jealous you didn't think of them first."

"Yeah totally," I replied while rolling my eyes. The rest of the car ride was silent, apart from the dull sound of the radio. We reached his house about ten minutes later.

He drove up a steep driveway and parked his car. He opened the wooden door and I followed him inside. I took off my shoes, leaving them in the hallway before we went into the lounge. It was decent size with light purple walls and cream coloured couches which were arranged around the TV. I noticed lots of baby photos and a few family portraits on the walls. "Three sisters huh?" I asked, looking at the pictures. "Yeah, it gets pretty hectic around here." Jason grabbed one of the family photos and pointed to the oldest girl, she had the same green eyes but had blonde hair instead, "That's Clare, she goes to Otago University, she's studying accountancy," he pointed to the second youngest girl, who was also blonde but looked like she had brown eyes instead, "That's Toni she's 15, she should be at netball practice at the moment." The youngest girl looked adorable with light brown hair like Jason's and identical eyes, "That's Keely she should be on her way home from school," he looked down at me and I smiled. Next to Keely was Jason who sported the biggest grin, there was no denying that he was good looking and I couldn't help but admire the picture.

"Your sisters are so pretty, I always wanted a sister, I just got a little brother instead."

"Really? I always wanted brother so I wouldn't be ganged up on as much," he chuckled. "When I was 10, Clare and Toni shaved off one of my eyebrows when I was sleeping, it took forever to grow back," we both laughed. "They're always playing pranks on me, especially Toni, it's like she has made it her personal mission to torment me." Jason was beaming when talking about his sisters, it was quite obvious they were close.

"My brother just turned ten last month, the most he does is jump out at me when I get out of the toilet, but I have a feeling that he'll became quite the little prankster." Jason laughed lightly.

"That's exactly how it starts! In no time he will swap your shampoo and toothpaste around," I chuckled.

"Lord, save me when that day comes." We went over and sat on the couch, I started to get my classics work out of my bag.

"Before we start, do you want something to eat?" Jason said while making his way to what I presumed was the kitchen.

"Yes please," I answered.

"Do you want some chips?" he called from the kitchen.

"Yep sounds mint!" I replied. He came out with a big bowl of chips and two glasses of water. "Thanks." The front door opened and I recognised Keely come in with a huge bag on her back, she looked even cuter in person. She looked at me with wide eyes, "What's your name?" she asked.

"I'm Olivia."

"I'm Keely and I love skittles so much, just like my big brother Jason," I laughed from her randomness and noticed that Jason was too. If Keely was this funny, I can't wait to meet his other sisters.