Chapter Three

I went home Sunday afternoon to find my mum baking cupcakes, she's always baking that woman. The kitchen is my favourite room in our whole house. Our house may look like every other house on the street from the outside, but inside each room has a different feel and look. I've grown to love it and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. My mum is an interior designer so she liked to have each room different. She uses our house as sort of a guinea pig for all of her new designs and ideas.

"Hey Ma," I called, dumping my bags on the floor and slumping onto one of the bar stools, my head in my hand. I was exhausted after trying to keep my mouth shut while Lauren was going on and on about Jason.

"Hey Olive, do you wanna help ice these cupcakes?" I nodded and went over to wash my hands, then grabbed the icing bag off my mum. "How was Aria's?" mum asked whilst looking at me. "It was... okay I suppose," I answered warily. My mum gave me a puzzled look as Tommy came into the kitchen. "Hey Tommy, did ya miss me?" I asked hugging him, he nodded into my shoulder. I swear he was getting tall way too fast. "Yeah, Mum can I have a cupcake?" he asked hopefully.

"Of course, sweetie," Mum gave him one. I finished icing the cupcakes, I took a couple with me as I went upstairs to my room. My room was definitely my own, over my deep purple walls there were multiple movie and tv posters, ranging from Game of Thrones to Harry Potter. My room was definitely off limits to Mum's designing ideas. I sat on my Star Wars duvet and opened my laptop. I flicked through my Facebook newsfeed, when a new message icon appeared. I opened it and it was Lauren,

We need to talk - Lauren

Sure, do you wanna come round? - Olivia

I waited a few minutes for a reply, then finally.

On my way - Lauren

It took a total of 10 minutes before I heard the doorbell ring. I groaned and went downstairs to open it, there stood Lauren looking furious. "Hi, come in," I said as I opened the door fully.

"Why don't we go up to your bedroom and talk?" Lauren asked with a venomous tone.

"Sure..." I led her upstairs, opened my bedroom door and sat down on my bed. Lauren looked around my room with a disgusted look on her face, "Your room is so nerdy, you really need to throw out some of these ridiculous posters," Lauren said whilst looking around my room. I can't believe she would actually insult my stuff when not even 24 hours ago I was 'helping' her with her break-up, well my version of helping her.

"Instead of insulting my stuff, why don't we get down to the talk you wanted to have?" I asked fuming. She always does this, she never says anything nice about anyone but herself.

"Sure, I know Aria told you what happened between Jason and I. You better not tell a soul about it because I plan on winning Jason back and I don't need filthy rumours about me to spread," she threatened. I shrugged my shoulders. Why does she care when Kyle told all of the rugby boys about their hook-up?

"They're not rumours if they're true," I retorted. Lauren looked shocked by my response.

"You listen you mutt, who do you think you are? You breathe this to anyone and I'll ruin you!" she shrieked then stormed off out of my room, presumably out of my house as well. I groaned and decided to watch Captain America before going to bed, hopefully Chris Evans will help me calm down.

************

The next morning I woke up bright and early and started getting ready for school. I pulled my black stockings and blue checkered skirt on, put my light blue school shirt on and tied my tie. I looked in the mirror and my auburn hair was a total mess. I grabbed a hairbrush and worked away to get rid of the knots and tied my hair into a ponytail. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. My green eyes looking dazed from just waking up as I wiped the sleep from my eyes. I then applied a coat of mascara and some lip balm. I was quite lucky that I only ever got pimples around my time of the month, my friends were all envious of my almost flawless skin. I grabbed my books for my classes today and shoved them in my bag and made my way downstairs. I poured myself a bowl of Coco-Pops and quickly drained my bowl. I yelled a goodbye to Mum and Tommy before I left my house. I walked to the train station, my feet slapping the pavement to the beat of Queen blasting through my headphones. The train pulled up, I hopped on and saw Aria already seated in the corner so I joined her. "Please tell me you didn't do our Classics homework either," I greeted her.

"Yeah I finished it last night, did you not do it? We had weeks!" She replied.

"Nah I was a bit preoccupied with Lauren threatening me last night."

"Why, what happened?" Aria asked, concerned.

"Well you must know, because you told her that I now know all about her cheating ways!" I snapped.

"I'm sorry," Aria apologised, "Lauren called me last night after you left, asking me if I had talked to you. You know me, I can't lie. And neither can my hips."

"It's alright, you know I can't stay mad at you," I grinned, nudging her playfully in the side.

**************

Aria and I arrived at school just as the bell rang, where we parted ways as we both made our way to form time. I walked in and sat in my regular seat. Mr Roberts came in and started marking the roll. He read the notices and we waited a few minutes before the bell signalling first period rung. My first class of the day was English. Great, this was just going to be an hour of Lauren complaining. I walked in and noticed that Lauren wasn't there, I went and sat next to Amber. "Hey," I greeted, "How's it going?"

"I can't believe you were so rude to Lauren yesterday, she doesn't deserve that!" she squawked.

"I'm sorry, but someone had to say it, she doesn't deserve all of this sympathy," I retorted.

The rest of English passed in an awkward silence, I guess Amber was siding with Lauren as usual. Next period went by fast and then it was lunchtime. Lunch was going to be dramatic if Lauren actually showed. On my way to our usual spot, I brushed passed Jason, he looked very sad. I guess he wasn't taking the break up well. I found Aria sitting on the grass by herself, I sat down and joined her. "Where's the rest of the crew?"

"Lauren and Amber are sitting with Reggie and the other guys. Lauren isn't your biggest fan at the moment," Aria replied. I really don't care what Lauren thinks about me, she doesn't really act like a good friend anyway. Aria and I spent the rest of lunch discussing the new Lego movie.

Fourth period I had classical studies, my absolute favourite subject. I came in and saw Jason sitting at the back by himself. I went to my usual seat and waited for Mrs Gould to start the class. "So today we will be starting our two week project. For this project you will need to partner up and present your assignment to the class. I think it will be more fun to partner you guys up, so when I call your name go and sit next to your partner," Mrs Gould read through the partners, I waited for my name to be called. "Olivia, I have partnered you up with Jason." I groaned internally, oh no Lauren is going to hate me even more. I got up and sat next to Jason, he raised his eyebrows at me. "So do you have any ideas for this project?"