chapter eighteen

After making her long and emotional statement, the young wolf had taken a step back to distance herself from the Original

Though her words were spoken with honest emotions and heartfelt intentions, she didn't want the situation to continue to escalate without bringing any sense of solace or harmony.

She felt that she had done wrong, and so she decided that it was not her place to attempt to make Niklaus feel bad any further.

"No- no," Keira hastily retracted her statement, as she now attempted to shift the blame away from the Original once more.

She claimed that his actions were never the problem. Instead, she was entirely at fault for digging up his issues and wounding his emotions.

She expressed her belief of having failed from the beginning as the Guardian that she was supposed to be, emphasizing that she should have protected him and his emotions, but instead, she had caused him unnecessary pain.

Keira was in a state of immense guilt and shame, feeling utterly unworthy of his forgiveness or trust.

She took a step back and lowered her head, no longer meeting his gaze as she firmly declared the importance of accepting the blame as a result of her misdeeds.

She recognized that the circumstances had made her actions unforgivable, and she was unwilling to prolong their conversation in hopes that a simple apology would be enough to absolve her of all wrongdoing.

She acknowledged the bond and connection that they shared, but she conceded that she would not force her desires upon the Original.

Niklaus was observing the young wolf, clearly not impressed with the direction that this conversation was headed with her accepting all the blame and refusing to seek his forgiveness.

He thought that it was simply a byproduct of her hurt and anger, and he was also disappointed that she still had not attempted to reconcile the issue in a more constructive manner.

He was just about to say something in response when suddenly, he was cut off, "Lit—

"No— Niklaus" Keira maintained eye contact with the Original, determined to prove that she truly cared and wanted to earn his forgiveness.," If I am going to prove myself the right way, I need to take this burden, I will always protect you, and your family, forever, but I can't assume to make things just fix through apologies, I have to make you see that I am not going to hurt you"

Niklaus was now in a confused and scared state of mind, as the young wolf maintained her resolve in spite of his animosity.

His heart felt a mixture of fear and hope, as he became unsure if she was intending to leave.

"What are you saying?" He inquired, his tone and expression clearly showing his uncertainty.

She shook her head in a steadfast manner to reassure the Original

"I'm not going anywhere Niklaus, I will never leave you. I am going to stand by your side, Always and Forever, and I know we will have fights, but what I'm saying is that, when we do fight, in the future, it will never be fixed easily, just for it to fall"

Keira lifted her hand, as she touched his cheek," I want to not rely on the imprinting, or the Guardianship, as a way to feel bonded. I want to know each other, for who we are, not for what the roles we have"

Niklaus felt her gentle touch on his cheek, causing him to become filled with a sense of comfort and warmth.

Her words had convinced him that she wasn't going anywhere. And after a lifetime of manipulation, he could tell that the young wolf's words were true and honest.

Her declaration of standing by his side and living for him was enough to break down his walls and allow him to believe her commitment to him.

Niklaus's wordless confession took her off guard, causing her to become overwhelmed with her emotions. She didn't expect the Original to offer up such a kind and unexpected gesture.

But the sudden action of pulling her hand away only to place a gentle kiss on her palm caught her completely by surprise.

Keira was unsure how to respond to the sudden romantic gesture, for she had never anticipated it would play out in this manner. However, despite her confusion, she could not deny the overwhelming sense of adoration and affection she felt for him in that moment.

"No, we are neither, we are heavily flawed beings, but that also makes us who we are, our choices and actions, do not define us, we define ourselves"

Niklaus and Keira's fragile but sincere relationship was one that required them to put their complete trust in each other, knowing that the other would never deliberately cause them harm.

However, despite their efforts to maintain a healthy connection, mistakes would inevitably occur along the way, for no relationship is perfect.

Yet, even with all the conflicts and disagreements that would invariably occur, the bond between the two was strong enough to overcome any setbacks, and their devotion proved that nothing was enough to sever their bond completely.

Taking things slowly and taking the time to truly understand each other was essential.

They needed to allow themselves to feel without fear and to express themselves openly with the understanding that it takes time to mend broken hearts and bruised feelings.

Patience was key, and simply giving each other the space to express their feelings without fear or judgment was all that was needed.

They needed to breathe calmly and slowly, and take it one day at a time.