chapter six

Keira's episode took a toll on her, and she had fainted, her body now motionless on the bed, a stark contrast to the vigorous state of agitation that had seized her, and she remained unconscious

The torrent of memories from her past seemed to have overwhelmed her, prompting a flood of recollections that manifested in a torrent. The past events had seemingly washed over her, and she remained in a dormant state, the memories likely consuming her subconscious mind as they surfaced in vivid detail.

As the Hale remained in an unconscious state, the three Originals looked on at her from by her bedside, their gazes fixated on her weary body. They remained still and stoic, their focus centered on the youth, whose exhausted form remained in the position in which she was left after the conclusion of the episode.

"Memories, most likely, and a grim variety," Rebekah remarked, leaning against the bed, her gaze directed towards the youngster.

Elijah concurred with the statement of his younger sister, commenting "Yes, they must have been truly deplorable memories."

The hybrid original stood by the window in the bedroom, his gaze locked upon the scenery outside, his visage displaying a pensive expression as he crossed his arms. He was attempting to eradicate from his mind the distressing outcry of the youngster, which had impacted him profoundly.

The recollections had triggered anger within him, as he was irate with himself over the notion that the memories, which he had previously desired his "little wolf" to recall, had caused her such intense anguish.

The hybrid original was aware of the fact that it was the hands of the vampires that had massacred the Keira's family, and he was cognizant of the fact that recalling such memories would produce a sense of suffering.

Having witnessed Keira's pain and her ensuing cries and screams, the sensation was akin to the one he experienced with his brethren, evoking an excruciating sensation that deeply affected him.

The hybrid original sighed heavily as his brother approached him, placing a delicate hand onto the shoulder of the hybrid original, the gesture soothing his distress.

Elijah addressed his elder brother, speaking softly and rationally, "Brother, it is not your fault; Keira's memories were bound to reemerge eventually."

The tone of his voice lacked a hint of disdain, which further mitigated the hybrid original's guilt and allowed him to feel slightly more at ease.

"Indeed, we all heard her painful wails, and it is possible that she will alter her sentiment towards us upon regaining consciousness," Niklaus acknowledged, placing his palm on the pane, as he gritted his teeth, feeling anxiety at the thought of potentially losing her when she was just starting to warm up to him.