chapter five

It had become a new normal for Keira to be present in the Mikaelson household, and her presence was a source of contentment for the Originals, turning the home into a place that they eagerly desired to come back to

As it was evident that Keira's friendly and nurturing disposition was the catalyst, the Original's would revel in returning to the residence, simply through her mere presence.

The morning had arrived, and Keira was seated alongside the fountain in the heart of the Mikaelson Mansion, her focus locked onto a scholarly book. The title of the tome, a documentation of the history of werewolves, had captivated the young wolf's attention and kept her engaged.

"Good morning, Little Wolf" 

Upon detecting his scent, Keira jumped to her feet precipitously, dropping the tome she had been reading in the process, turning her head upwards Niklaus, displaying a radiant smile. "Morning, Big Wolf!!" she replied with exuberance, her expression filled with joy.

A soft laugh departed from his lips as he leaned on the railing on the second floor, his eyes cast downwards towards the youngster below, as she tilted her head. "Can Big Wolf take me out today?" she inquired, with an expectant glance, her stance reflecting her curiosity.

His brow furrowed in slight uncertainty upon hearing Keira's request, the hybrid original's voice conveying his hesitancy. "You wish to venture outside? For what reason?" he inquired, a sliver of worry coloring his tone, as they had rarely brought the youngster outdoors since transporting her to the dwelling, a consequence of the multitude of rivals they possessed.

"Is it too soon?" Keira looked down as she pouted, making Niklaus frown distorted his features at the sight of her saddened expression, his thoughts shifting to the potential for the situation to upset her further, which he abhorred. Niklaus's brows furrowed as he was seized by a pang of guilt, triggered by her dejected glare. Despite his reservations, the emotions provoked by her frowning were difficult to bear, prompting him to ponder the underlying reasons for his aversion to making her sad.

The passage of time had brought forth an abrupt change, where it was no longer a query he craved an answer to, due to the degree to which she was impacting him, which he failed to acknowledge. Niklaus continued to remain unaware of the depth to which she had been affecting him, and thus, he possessed no desire to find out the reasons behind his mysterious feelings.

Rapidly closing the distance between them, Niklaus stood before the youngster, his voice conveying his concern, "It is not that the notion is premature, Little Wolf, we are simply fearful for your safety"

The motion of gentle caressing her cheek and her leaning into his hand was repeated once more, making the chest area of the hybrid original feel a comforting warmth, like he had experienced on previous occasions.

After deciding to forego the insistence of going outdoors, a sensation of perplexity enveloped her, as she once more failed to discern the reasons behind the hybrid's unexpected acquiescence. It was a phenomenon that perplexed her.

Neither the hybrid original nor Keira could discern the sensation that had emerged between them, one characterized by a wish for the other's well-being and contentment.

The intensity of the shared emotion evaded the grasp of their consciousness, and yet, its existence was undeniable, despite the ambiguity surrounding its exact nature.

...

Niklaus devoted the afternoon to painting, Keira accompanying him in his studio, merely observing him, an action that strangely enough, spurred him on to produce captivating artwork.

Her presence was motivating, providing him with the inspiration necessary to create beautiful paintings, and despite the peculiar nature of the scenario, he found that having her near him was beneficial to his concentration and creativity.

Niklaus and Keira remained together in the studio for the entirety of the afternoon, Niklaus engrossed in his work, whilst Keira simply watched him, observing the deft motions of his brushstrokes upon the canvas.

As the hours passed, Niklaus felt his resolve strengthen with every brushstroke he applied to the canvas, which was brought on by him being in the company of the youngster. The presence felt like a comforting aura that gave way to him devoting his utmost effort to his artistic endeavors.

Keira was engrossed by the artwork, observing the gradual formation of a lonely wolf, nestled within the expanse of an shadowy forest, yet a few colors of the hues of orange invoked a sense of familiarity in her mind, a feeling that suggested a partial resurgence of her memories.

A voice boomed from afar, prompting Keira to avert her gaze from the artwork, realizing that it was no longer a painting in its entirety but a memory of sorts. She was seemingly seeing the vision through her own eyes as if she was witnessing a scene that had actually occurred.

The woman shouted, "Leave my child alone!" as two vampire males attempted to restrain her. The scene, viewed through the eyes of the youngster, was as if the child that was being referenced was none other than herself.

A horrific sight assaulted the eyes of the youngster. She saw flames that consumed countless individuals, as vampires threw them into the fire. The screams of agony that echoed in her head made it impossible for her to maintain her eyelids open, so she shut them tightly, attempting to expel the gruesome sights and sounds from her consciousness.

Niklaus's focus was disrupted by a horrifying scream that suddenly rang out from nearby, causing him to swiftly direct his eyes towards the source. Keira was clutching her head, and the deafening noise emanated from her.

The interruption led to the dropping of his paintbrush, the young woman's anguished cries filling his ears, leaving him confused and concerned.

"Keira! Little Wolf!" Niklaus bellowed, as he rushed to the youngster and grasped her firmly, bringing her into his arms. She continued to let out wails of anguish, hugging her head while sobbing, and his hold on her remained firm, providing her with stability and protection in the midst of her hysteria.

Rebekah and Elijah made an entrance into the scene, as the screams from the youngster continued and intensified, leaving the others utterly bewildered.

The screams emitted by the youngster intensified, and she remained within the grasp of the hybrid, who cradled her tenderly, with one of his arms around her waist. Rebekah and Elijah looked on in confusion as their confusion grew, unable to grasp why the young wolf was in the throes of such a violent convulsion.

Keira's eyes closed tightly, her breath shaky and uneven, as her fingers squeezed her forehead. She appeared to be having an excruciating emotional outburst of an uncharacteristic caliber.

The Originals were stunned and distressed, witnessing the painful shouts of the youngster, her screams piercing their ears and inflicting anguish upon them.

An air of apprehension and apprehension permeated the atmosphere, as everyone remained uncertain about the cause of the young wolf's outburst, the magnitude of which was alarming and worrisome.