Chapter 16: We Could Never Work... Could We?

Ever had those really awkward silences when you’re in a room with someone you don’t like? What about being in a room with people you don’t like? As in more than one? Oh, how about being in a room with ten super heroes, two of them hitting on you and your best friend, one who gives you not only butterflies in your stomach but death glares, one who is Russian with a potty mouth and bad temper, another who thinks he’s some kind of Robin Hood, then there’s the God who looks like a Barbie doll that hasn’t washed his hair for the past century, that one girl who makes herself invisible if you stare at her too long, the giant boulder that makes the whole quinjet shake when he farts, a scientist that is not only afraid of bugs but afraid of women so the lady bug must be his worst nightmare, a guy who is actually quite sweet but make him mad and you’re facing a Shrek who’s been to the gym a lot lately and a guy wo thinks he’s a pirate because he has an eye patch yet is lacking the peg leg and annoying parrot. Then again, you could count Stark as the annoying parrot, he never shuts up and he’s red. Well his suit is...... Anyway, my point is have you ever been in a room with those people? If you have, then your life is as screwed up as mine is.

“The propellers on the quinjet spin around, spin around, spin around. The propellers on the quinjet spin around, all day long!” Johnny and Tony sing, making me more pissed by the second. “We’re going to have to live with this for the rest of our days,” whispers Ally. “Kill. Me. Now,” I say, groaning and lying as far back into my chair as I can. “Whyyyyyyy and I thought the Russian and German mafia had horrible torture techniques but this is by far the most torturous thing I’ve been put through!” I say. “Aww don’t you like my singing Shady?” asks Stark, pouting.  “What made you think that?” I ask, sarcasm evident in my voice.

“That’s no way to talk to your new roommate,” smirks Johnny. “Okay let’s get thing settled, I AM NOT SLEEPING IN A ROOM WITH ANY OF YOU! Besides Ally,” I say, smiling at her at the end. “That’s not your decision to make,” says Fury. “Last time I checked it’s a free country,” I say. Johnny and Stark snicker but Nat just rolls her eyes. “How long have you been doing this for?” asks Sue, face as plain as day. No anger, no sadness, no happiness, not even curiosity. Just blank.

“Doing what?” I ask. “Being an assassin,” she answers. “Seven years,” answers Barton, thinking he’s done his research on me. “I’ve been on SHIELD’s radar for seven years, but I’ve been an assassin for longer,” I correct. Fury cocks an eyebrow, asking “And exactly how long have you been an assassin?” I smirk, looking at Ally as she answers for me “Fourteen years. No one expected a nine year old when she first started,” Reed’s mouth drops open as does a couple others, as Ben asks “You’ve been doing this since you were nine?” I nod, once again correcting “WE, have been doing this since we were nine,” I give Ally a warm smile which she gladly returns.

“Self-taught?” asks Banner and I nod. “Frosty picked up a few things along the way which she taught me in return. I eventually became better at hacking though. I’m kind of her information person,” says Ally. “You’re quite intelligent you know, being able to hack into both SHIELD and HYDRA in less than five minutes,” says Banner. Oooooohh Banner and Ally are flirting! I elbow Ally and say “He just complimented you, say something nice back!” she glares at me then stutters “I uh thanks but you’re the one with college degrees and majors and PhDs. Not to mention you’re a super hero,” I see a tint of blush creep across his cheeks and say “AWWWW HE’S BLUSHING!” That ended up causing his to blush harder and Ally to blush almost as much.

“Hey Capsicle go sit next to your girlfriend,” says Stark. “What?” asks Captain but he doesn’t get an answer as he’s shoved onto me. He mainly falls into the chair next to me but his left arm presses against the wall and across my body, his hand on the left side of my head and the rest of his body on my right. He looks up at me, his face mere millimetres away and his eyes widen. Well shit.