Chapter 36

The next week and a half was a crazy one. I was leaving for Manchester in just two days, and I realised it had been nearly two months since I came to America, and furthermore, I was so close to becoming a permanent resident.

I was working from 6am until 8pm every day, I even got up at the same time as Nathaniel. He seemed oddly pleased with how much I had going on, and he even told me he was proud of me. That was something I wasn’t going to forget any time soon.

I had more tv appearances and interviews, promoting GB vs The World which was steadily ticking closer. Everyone seemed to be talking about it, and everyone said the same thing, which made me blush every time – they were all looking forward to seeing me in action again. I’d even been invited for the first time to a red carpet premier, and I was so, so excited.

Nathaniel agreed to come with me which made me ten times happier than being invited to the red carpet event in the first place. The premier was tonight, and my dress had just been delivered. I’d gone to a fitting only five days ago, and was amazed at how quickly the dress was put together.

I placed the box on our bed and opened it excitedly, gasping out loud. I had never seen a more beautiful dress.

It was a shimmering silver colour – pure mercury. It was floor length with a plunging neckline with crystal studded detail.

Half an hour later, a hair and makeup team arrived to ‘make me up into perfection’ I think the makeup artist said. Usually, I’d go to a salon to get all this stuff done but Nathaniel had none of it and ordered the whole team to come to his apartment, where they’d be under strict watch by his security the whole time while he was at work.

Just after I’d finished my full body polish, Nathaniel arrived home. He grinned as he saw me getting a manicure and pedicure at the same time, and came over to kiss me on the forehead. “I’ve waited two months to see this,” he mumbled, moving down to kiss me on the lips. “This is what you deserve, to be waited on hand and foot.”

I rolled my eyes but grinned up at him. I could tell he was joking, but only half joking. He knew I felt uncomfortable having people work on me this way, but he was clearly enjoying seeing it. He always moaned at me to do things like this and get pampered, but I guess I was just too stubborn.

He had to leave quickly after to get himself ready, as more people arrived with his tailored suit. He told me with a cocky grin earlier on in the day he was getting his hair cut and styled especially for the premier – he was such a woman at times.

My hair was done first, which was washed and blow dried with plenty of volume, before being curled into ringlets and pulled up into an elegant updo. I loved it, but I looked more like I was going to meet the Queen rather than attend a movie premier. Still, I was really impressed.

I cringed as I felt rather than saw the amount of products being applied and blended on my eyelids. I didn’t even get to see what colours they were using as they manically – but professionally – got to work.

I cringed even more at the false lashes and letterbox red lipstick, but when my reflection was finally revealed to me showing the complete look, I gasped in response. My skin was buffed and polished to perfection, with contour blended in perfectly under my cheekbones, complimenting my face shape. My cheeks were lightly stained by a flawlessly applied soft rosy pink blusher that shimmered on the highlight.

My lips were full and plump, the shape of them lined to immaculate perfection as the vibrant red colour of them glistened subtly. But it was my eyes that made me gasp.

I saw shimmery silver blended into the inner corners and my eyes were framed with perfectly flicked out black liner that accentuated my eye shape, framed by thick lashes. My eyes had that feline look to them again, but that only made them look even better. It wasn’t until I blinked when I saw a flash of colour on the outer corners of my eyes, and gasped again as I looked closer.