Chapter 54

WHERE IN THE WORLD HAS LOLA ROSE SUMMERS GONE?

She quite literally rocked the globe with her sporting skills last summer, not to mention that ravishingly cute, witty charm that got us hooked. The woman every man wanted, and every woman wanted to be. She was a centre piece for female dominance, the inspiration for millions.

She even bagged herself quite the catch, too – in the insanely successful American Entrepreneur Nathaniel Hart, CEO of world famous Hart Enterprises. But just where is she now?

It’s been quite the rollercoaster ride for Summers since completing the London 2012 Olympics. We’ve seen her relationship come crashing down amidst rumours of Hart cheating on her with his ex fiancé Heiress Leticia Lee, though Miss Lee’s allegations later appeared false. But although it’s thought Lola Rose is still living with her billionaire beau, how do we know that for sure?

Lola Rose Summers is definitely the smarter type of modern celebrity – she managed to keep the discovery of her sister Lexi a secret, telling the media she was in fact called Laura, in what would be a clever move to keep the forever pestering paparazzi away. She’s a cunning one, we’ll give her that.

But alas, it could be that the British Beauty has decided to pack everything in – and that’s exactly what we’ve been told. ‘She just wants her life back again… normality,’ a source close to the star revealed. ‘Everything happened so fast, she soon realised fame just wasn’t for her. She thought keeping a low profile for a while would take her out of the limelight – that’s what she’s hoping for.’

And it seems, she’s slowly succeeding. With her Twitter account deleted months ago and not a single photo of her published since November, it could very well be she’s vanished off the face of the earth. But don’t worry, the source confirms she’s alive and well –

            “Ugh. Piss off.”

I clicked off the trashy, poorly written blog column and tossed my phone aside in disgust, watching it warily as it lay innocently next to me on the bed covers.

I was mentally cursing myself for accidentally stumbling on that article in the first place. I get paranoid that I’d see pictures of Roxy being plastered everywhere, so I shamefully Google her sometimes, making sure that doesn’t happen. But it seems Roxy’s safe from all that for now – that stupid blog didn’t even get her name right.

I didn’t want to ‘give up’ at all. During my many, many free hours recently, I’d decided on a new dream – a dream I was passionate about. Since being kept informed of the Armitage centre’s developments with construction and whatnot from Jason, I’d been inspired to expand. I wanted a ton of Armitage Centres all over the world, encouraging young people and adults alike to play sports, make new friends, all the cliché terms. Luke from the Armitage still hadn’t left my mind, I thought about him now and again. I wanted children like him to have better lives – I was consumed with ideas, and wanted nothing more than to put them into practice.

But thinking of Luke also made me think of that bombing attack – and who was behind it. It brought me back to reality every time, and it was that, that was the reason I’d been ‘off the radar’. I knew Nate was working tirelessly on finding those responsible for the bombs plus those red bows – yet of course, I knew nothing. And I knew that wasn’t a good sign. I felt bitter and aggravated to say the least, Nate of all people shouldn't have this burden of looking after me and the excessive baggage I had. Yet when he wasn't running his company, he remained cooped up in his office trailing leads, tightening up security around us, and probably a lot more things I didn't even know about.