Chapter 2 l

Chapter Two: Is there a nice list too?

Nevada POV

Today was going to be a long day, first my stupid alarm woke me up from probably one of my best dreams ever featuring a certain blonde haired blue eyed stud, then my breakfast decided to blow up in my face, and then as I was about to arrive to the prison that’s holding me in for seven hours, five days a week my car broke down on me. Soon after when I managed to arrive, my teachers ambushed me at the entrance thirsty for my assignments.

It’s clear the universe has something against me. But standing up and glaring into the blue eyes of Miss Goody Two Shoes Katerina Parker I decided that the universe could do a triple summersault and stick it somewhere the sun has never reached (to put it politely). I looked at her with my best meanest face and as she took a step back with her eyes wide, I couldn’t help but let a little grin slip in place. Yeah, I have that kind of effect on people I thought proud of myself.

She put her head down and I took the silence in between us to analyse the girl every teacher seem to like. She had a denim colour waterfall cardigan on, a plain white tee and a grey skirt which reached mid-thigh. Too modest for my liking. Her pale blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun, and for once she wasn’t wearing those god-awful glasses. I would never admit it to her but she actually looked way better without the glasses. She was carrying two thick books (I shuddered at the thought of carrying books) and her school bag seemed to weigh down on her shoulder. After a couple of seconds of silence between us, she finally looked up and spoke

“I…I’m s-s-s-sorry, Nevada” she stuttered out, her pale blue eyes were wide and painted in innocence. Pieces of her hair had escaped during the fall and now where trailing over the right side of her face covering the little beauty spot over her lip.

“Well you should be. You bruised my ass” I replied, uncrossing my arms and faintly touching my rear end to see if it still hurt. I winced. Yep there was going to be an ugly-ass bruise there.

“OhMyNewton I hurt you, I’m so so so sorry Nevada!” she rushed around to check the damage. I smacked her hand away as she tried to touch my back side,

“No, that is not for you to touch” I scolded her, she froze and a faraway look covered her face, She shook her head and softly said “Whoa, Déjà vu” and shook her head again once more almost as if she was  shaking off a bad nightmare.

I frowned at her confused “Listen –” I began but was immediately cut off

“I apologise for my clumsy behaviour, I d-didn’t know you were out here and I was running late, and you were out here and I-I-I wasn’t looking which was stupid of me, I just don’t want Mr Oldman to put my name on the naughty list so I rushed out of the classroom, and-and I’m really sorry I bumped into you and I promise it won’t ever happen again and…”

It was my turn to look at her with wide eyes, if there was a guineas world record for how much a person could ramble, she was sure to get the gold, I mean there wouldn’t even be any other competitors.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down Genius. How many words did you fit into a second? Never mind don’t answer that. Now what the effing hell in God’s green world is a naughty list? I mean is Principal VanHorne secretly Santa Claus? Because damn that woman can hide a beard and pot belly”

“Th-the naughty list, you know the one where Principal VanHorne puts all the misbehaving kids on and they…”

She never got to finish the end of that sentence, because my laughter filled the air and any words that would be coming out of her mouth would be falling on deaf ears.