Munchkin?!?

After getting ready the next day, I decided I needed to call my brothers and Klaus.

Walking down stairs I found Kol already up and ready, in the living room. When I entered the room he looked up and smiled, which I returned.

“I’m gunna call them.” I told him whilst I sat down next to him. Kol just nodded knowing I meant Klaus, Stefan and Damon.

Picking up my phone I dialled Klaus’ number and waited patiently for him to answer.

“Hello my little munchkin, how are you?”

“I’m goo-Klaus! Did you really just call me a munchkin?”

I heard him chuckle. I could just imagine that irritating smirk on his face.

“Who is it?” That sounded like Stefan’s voice. There was some rustling, before I heard voices.

“I want to talk to her.”

“Well she called me.”

“So? I’m her brother.”

“Well, I’m her bestfr-“

“Are you two seriously arguing over who gets to talk first?”

“Possibly.” Was Klaus’ answer. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Kol who was grinning at me like an idiot, obviously listening to the phone conversation.

There was a stat-icky noise coming from the phone.

“Guy’s where are you?”

“Oh we’re going through a tunnel. Stefan! Stop trying to get the phone and keep your eyes on the road!”

“Why don’t you just put me on speaker phone?” I asked getting frustrated.

“Oh, I know! We’ll put you on speaker phone.”

“That’s what I just said!”

“What?” More static.

“That’s what I just said!”

“The cat’s got whose head?”

What? Where’s Damon?” I asked, wanting to talk to my big brother.

“Oh he’s asleep in the back. I could wake him up if you want?”

“No, no….let him sleep!”

“Damon! Verity’s on the phone!” I sighed. There was more rustling and the sound of the phone being passed around.

Hey Eri.” I heard Damon’s sleepy voice greet me.

“Hey, I told Klaus to let you sleep, but no-“

“No, it’s ok. What about you? Are you Ok?”

“I’m fine. When are you coming back?” I asked the hope clear in my voice.

Three days.”

I bit my lip. Call me a wimp, I don’t care. Damon and I had never been away from each other for more than a day. It might sound crazy but that’s the way it was. Stefan yes, when he went all ripper on us. But Damon and I had always stuck together.

“Verity?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you. You know that right?”

“I know Damon, I love you too.” I replied feeling my eyes sting, so I rapidly blinked and glared at the floor.

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too. Are you glaring at the floor?” Damn, how does he know me so well?

“No.” I heard him chuckle and couldn’t help but smile along with him.

“Ok Eri, I believe you darling. I’ve got to go, but I’ll see you soon ok?

“Bye. Bye Stefan, Bye Klaus!”

“Bye!” They said in sync before the line went dead.

I took a deep breath and turned to Kol who was watching me worriedly. When he saw my expression he immediately pulled me to him.

I rested my head on his chest whilst he softly stroked my hair.