Chapter 5 - Mackenzie's P.O.V

I sit with the same group of people everyday at lunch. The same seat at the exact same table. I look over at anna who is always on my left. Like always she isn't eating anything. You can always tell if something is bothering her. She just won't eat. She tells everyone she is just on a diet. I am the only one who knows the truth. Her eating problems are so severe that a few days ago I caught her throwing up in the bathroom. I told her it wasn't worth it anymore but the stupid list has really gotten to her. I hate how Anna always talks about how fat, ugly, and stupid she is and how she can never do anything right. She's get's straight A's, leads the alto section in our choir, top of her math class, captian of the debate team, and always get's a lead role in our school productions. And she's so pretty. I can't understand how she can't see how awesome she is. Anna is writing the lyrics and the piano accumpement to a new song. It makes me so mad she can do everything, yet she never thinks she is good enough. I sometimes get lead roles in the musicals but at everything else I am pretty average. There is one thing I excell in that Anna can't do. I love dancing more than anything. I am one of the best dancers in my dance class. Anna trips over her own feet, she is the most clumsy person I know. It makes me feel a little better than I can hold that over her. I look in the other direction and see Chelsea sitting in Sam's lap. They are both laughing at a joke Aaron told. I look around the table and see the 6 other members of our group laughing as well. I turn my attention back to Anna who is staring off into space. She either didn't think it was funny, or she is off in her own little world which she is in alot. I have grown accustomed to her being spacy so it wasn't really something to worry about but she looked thinner then she had last week so I had a bit of a reason to worry. "Are you ok? Are you still upset about that stupid list?" I ask her, she looks up from the paper she was writing on and nods her head yes. I look down at the paper she was writing on and notice it wasn't the song anymore. It was our foods chart from p.e. After every meal we are suppose to write down what we ate for a whole week. Every collum said the exact same thing, nothing.