Chapter 9 - Jack's P.O.V

I've been in jail for 4 months for knocking off a liquor store and then I get news that my mom died of cancer, my little sister died of bulimia, and my brother is in a mental hospital. God, why is everyone in my life so fucked up. And that little Erika bitch, saying I knocked her up. I say it ain't mine and the bitch can't prove otherwise. I needed a little relief and Dameon's little girlfriend just happened to have a major crush on me. All this shit started with my father anyway. Knocking me and my brother around. We didn't really care untill he hit our mom, the drunken bastard. We were affraid he would hit Sara who are the time was only 4. My mom told him to leave and come back when he sobered. 11 years later and he still never came back. I had to be the man of the house. But mommy dearest thought nothing I did was ever good enough. Always praising Dameon for his straight A's and never ending awards. I on the other hand had to skip school often to make sure Sara always had a ride to everything and that when mom worked late, we would have a hot meal. I knew I wasn't the only one jelious of perfect Dameon. Sarah always got b's and second place. I finally got tired of trying to be the good guy and started to do whatever the hell I wanted to. Some nights not coming home at all. Let Dameon see how hard it is to be the big man. And when momma first started getting sick, I just couldn't see her like that. I never knew about Sara being sick though. I was never really close to her anyway, she always looked up to her other older brother, the perfect one. I guess I should have watched over Sara a little too more but it's too late now. And now Dameon is some fucking wack-job? I guess Mr.Perfect isn't so perfect after all.