ch 2. food is a mood

"Bitch. You're phone is blowing up," Lyra commented as we were eating.

"It's just stuff about Justin Wall's party," Nova shrugged as she continued to shove large amounts of pasta in her mouth.

"A party? This early?" Zara questioned just now looking up from her phone.

"Yeah. Justin's 'frat'," Nova made finger quotes around frat, "usually throws at least two parties a week,"

I guess Justin's house was close to campus, but the school only allowed Greek Life homes to be on campus. Which was utterly ridiculous but it was whatever.

"Then let's go," Zara grinned as she set her phone on the table.

"Fuck it! I'm in!" Lyra cheered.

They then all looked at me, puppy dog faces were all prominent.

"Okay okay. I'm in," I chuckled. In reality, this is the first party I'll go to since sophomore year in high school.

"Great. I'll text Justin," Nova was already texting him.

"Now we need outfits!" Lyra chanted, too excited for this.

"That's a little too, high school," Zara commented with a small scowl.

"Yeah not if you want to get laid," Nova said, making cough up my chocolate milk.

They laughed at me and even Lyra mentioned how 'innocent' I was.

After we ate, we all piled into Nova's car and drove into town.

Of course Lyra and Nova sat in the front and were arguing the whole time about nonsense while Zara and I were just texting people on our phones.

When we got to town, we stifled through stores to get our outfits. Nova took the longest to put a look together and even took charge on my look.

"Nova. I'm hungry," Lyra groaned as she stretched across a bench.

"You always are," Nova replied absentmindly.

"Bitch," Lyra murmered.

"Thank you,"

Eventually, Nova was done and we went to Auntie Anne's to get some food, much to Lyra's happiness.

After we ate, we went back to the dorms. A tall, scruffy but cute boy was leaning against Zara and mine door.

"Hey, babe," he said and Zara squealed before jumping into his arms.

Cute.

Since they were blocking my door, I entered through Nova and Lyra's door. Their room was a mess. Clothes were scattered everywhere and a box of condoms was emptied on one of the beds.

I grimaced and went through the bathroom to my room. Flopping onto the bed, I pulled out my phone and began texting my mother.

Me
Hey Mama, hows treatment

A couple seconds later she responded.

Mama⚓
text later. in a serious game v kevin

I laughed, she was a big gamer and would play anything she could. Her phone was always plugged in at the hospital and they even let her set up an XBox there.

A few seconds later, the door was brutally opened and Zara and the boy struggled through the doorway. They were liplocked and I was disgusted.

"Z? Hello?" I called but they ignored me. Eventually they landed onto Zara's bed and I didn't want to stick around. I closed our dorm door and slipped through the bathroom to Nova and Lyra's side.