Chapter 11 - You Know You Want This

(Kyson's POV)

I couldn't believe that they were considering letting Ivan out on parole. He is literally one of the lowest sums of the earth. He ruined Scarlett's entire life, as if being in foster care wasn't hard enough for her, he had to make it fucking miserable. And I know its all that she can think about, then on top of that, they want her to come down to his parole hearing to testify against him to keep him in prison.

The last thing that I want to do is think about him, I want him to rot for everything that he has taken from Scarlett. But I also don't want him consuming my fucking thoughts. He is not the person that I want to think about right now.

I finally got to met my boys, and all I can think about is Scarlett getting served, and once I think about that, I think about him.

I'm ecstatic about my boys, and dispirited at the same time. I'm angry at Ivan because he still manages to ruin spirits, cause chaos, and ravage other peoples' experiences from miles away in prison.

He was literally put on this earth to destroy lives.

Fuck.

It's only been a few days since Scar got the summons, so hopefully it will blow over soon and everything can start to pick up again after the hearing, which is in a two weeks.

I have seen the boys and Scarlett every night since I met them.

Kylan and Samuel.

They are literally mini mes, especially Sammy. I think that's why he took to me so quickly, it's because he's just like me; curious and outgoing. While there's Kylan, he was a bit on the shy side, more like Scarlett. Scarlett doesn't show her shy side much, but she definitely has one. I remember when she use to meet up with Lyle for the projects, even in my own apartment she would barely say a word to me unless I spoke to her first.

Kylan is the same way.

Kylan and Scar also have fiery sides; their outgoing at times. Once Kylan finally got to know me a bit, he warmed up to me, and finally opened up a little more. He even let me hold him.

God, I love them both so much, and I don't ever see myself leaving them.

I'm stuck.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to tell Sophia. She is going to be so pissed, she loves to get mad at me for shit I can't control. It fuels most of our fights. Even though she is my girlfriend, I don't plan on telling her anytime soon.

I pulled up at Lyle's parents' house, he doesn't know that I'm coming over. I wanted to surprise him because I haven't talked to him since I hung up on him a few days again. I need to apologize, I understand that it wasn't his shit to tell, but then again it kind of was. If he was ever a true friend and business partner, then he should have told me what was going on.

But, whatever. It's not like he had an involvement as deep as my mother.

I don't even want to think about her.

Then there's Lanie, Davina, Keema, and Dad; they all knew too. People that I thought were my family never pulled me aside to tell me what was going on. Instead, they let me walk around like a fool, I feel really fucking stupid.

They played me.

And I don't know how long it will take for me to forgive them. But I'll probably end up forgiving my dad before anyone else because he encouraged me to talk to Scarlett, he wanted me to find out about the twins. He was the only one who seemed to really care.

Getting out of the car, I walked up to their front door to ring the doorbell. I was surprised to see Mrs. Nelson open the door, however, she was happy to see me. "Carter!" She cried, pulling me into a hug.