Chapter 8 - All Of That Is True, Jerk

(Scarlett's POV)

I have been feeling so guilty over the past couple of days. Ever since I told Elliott that Kyson never wanted his sons, and told me to abort them, I have been sick to my stomach.

All Elliott wants to do is be there for me. He wants to help me even more, hug me more, kiss me more, and love me harder.

He wants to be with me even more.

His behavior has been the opposite of what I want from him, but because I lied, I got the worst end of the stick.

I literally had to say we weren't home just so he wouldn't come over. I'm tired of seeing him, I've had enough of him in the last 72 hours. I want to tell him the truth, but I can't now. I'm already too deep into the lie, he'll hate me for making him look like a fool.

"Mommy, where's Pawpaw?" Kylan asked me as we were all lounging on the couch watching their favorite TV show; Paw Patrol.

They have been asking for their grandpa even more lately because it's been awhile since they have seen him.

Sammy agreed because he popped in. "Yeah?" He looked up at me.

Good thing Dad was ready to leave the hospital, so I can take the boys to see him. Doctors say that he is safe to go home while they wait for a kidney to become available to him, he needs to take it slow. And while they wait, he has to be on dialysis, which means back and forth trips from the hospital.

Keema wanted him to stay at the hospital, but Sam is ready to go. He doesn't want to be there anymore, all he is doing is racking up a hospital bill.

He breathes in his own.

Eats on his own.

And does everything else on his own.

He told Keema that it was time for him to leave.

Meanwhile, I was taken out of the running for me being a donor. I matched his blood type, but when they did the tissue test and kidney test, I wasn't a match.

I was devastated.

I've been crying for several night.

Sad that I can't save my kids' grandfather. They need him, especially since Kyson is not in their life. They need that connection to their father's side of the family, Samuel is that connection.

"Actually, guys..." I trailed off. "PawPaw would love to see you guys tomorrow. What do you say?"

"Yay!" They cheered together, clapping their little hands.

The rest of our day was pretty chill, we mostly watched movies and shows all afternoon. Before dinner we need some fresh air, so we headed to the park. They've mostly been in the house for the past couple of days, so I decided to let them run a little loose today.

Plus, Kenn came home and it was a bit awkward. We haven't really spoken since that Nick situation. And it's just going to stay like this until she apologizes because I don't feel that I did anything wrong.

So, at this point, I'm going off her energy and her moves. She has yet to apologize to me, and I'm not going to do it first. So, if she's waiting for my apology, she isn't going to get it.

We ended up making it back home an hour later as it was time for me to start dinner. I washed up the boys quick and made chicken fingers and mac n' cheese for dinner; their favorite meal.

The night was short for us and I was exhausted, we turned in early for a big day ahead tomorrow.

*******