Wattpad Paid Stories - My Journey

Hey everyone! As many of you know my book Accused has been selected for a program called Wattpad Paid Stories. With only about 60 English authors chosen out of the millions on Wattpad, I feel very special to be a part of this new movement. I know there have been a few people who are suspicious of this new program and I want to share my journey with this program with you (the parts I'm allowed to share of course!). 

I'll be updating this chapter as I progress through this awesome new opportunity. I want to share this with some of my favourite people, YOU GUYS!

13/04/19

When I received a message from Wattpad inviting me into what was then Wattpad Next Beta, I couldn't believe my eyes. Me? Chosen for a new program? Never!

Of course, I jumped at the chance of having my very own personal editorial coach and the chance to potentially earning revenue off my story was too good to pass. After signing myself up officially for the program, I was delighted when I was tossed into a wonderful community of writers in the same program as me.

They are all honestly amazing people and writers! With the discord server, we have places to discuss writing, concerns and so many other subjects. It allows me to really interact with like-minded people. I have particularly connected with authors such as ArveliotAWFrasierSabrinaBlackburrymmmartin10 and RodneyVSmith. What an array of fantastic characters!

While at this point Wattpad is still engineering the technical things behind my paywalls, they will hopefully be ready for public entertainment soon. I'm so excited about the great things I have planned for Accused. I can confidently say it's going to be an epic book! 

I'm very excited to be officially one of the Supported Stories. There are so many awesome opportunities on Wattpad and I'm personally really proud of our community that has now evolved to something that can really start to change the lives of authors. The support for the program has been great, with Wattpad stating that the number of people who love the new Paid Stories outweighs the haters by a very large amount. 

I know there was been some resistance from many of the users of Wattpad, snarling that this is a place for only free stories. And I think the great part is that there are over 500 million stories on Wattpad. And 99% of them will always be free! 

I am also acutely aware that so many readers are delighted by this new and life-changing opportunity but have no way to pay online for the supported stories, or simply cannot afford it. I absolutely understand that. I hear whispers of Wattad research teams investigating ways for readers to earn coins without paying, so let's all keep an ear out for that!

Another author in the program mentioned that people who cannot pay online can actually use iTune gift cards to cash in Wattpad Coins. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I do know it is possible!

That about sums up my journey so far and I'm eager to share more at a later date. Let me know if this was at all informative and if you would like to see more of my thoughts, particularly when my paywalls go up.

Yours,

Erika

20/04/2020

It took me a long time to update this before I actually completely forgot that this chapter existed. Nevertheless, I will make one last update.

As of March 2020 Scorned and Accused are no longer Paid Stories. This is as a result of my own choice, as many of you already know. Both books are no longer available on Wattpad or anywhere else.

But that's not what I wanted to discuss.

I simply wanted to briefly outline my impressions and opinion on the Paid Stories Program.

I would highly recommend it to any who are interested in applying.

It is a wonderful program! The community of writers are fantastic, we have direct access to staff in Wattpad HQ and we are given incredible opportunities to grow better as writers. Not only that, but we also are considered for publication, film, games and writing contracts. It's a great way to launch a professional career. 

I am very thankful for the year I was involved in the Paid Stories Program. I am also extremely thankful to the readers who paid to read my stories. It meant so much to me. 

I look forward to the future, and sharing it all with you.

Your author,

Erika