Chapter 6: Sacrifices and Let the War Begin!

Y/N

I woke up to the sound of moaning and groaning and knew that it probably belonged to Lucy, my eyes were closed but my hearing had awaken. I couldn't wipe the image of the expression on Aslan's face from my mind. "Susan.(Y/n)" Lucy softly called our names "Lucy, what is it?" I whispered back as Susan and I both lifted our heads from the pillows, she didn't say anything and just slipped on her shoes and a cloak and grabbed her dagger, following her I slid my boots on and grabbed my weapons as Susan did the same and we trailed out after Lucy. Peeking around  the end of the tent we saw that it was Aslan headed in a direction as turned the corner of a tree, quickly sharing a look at one another we followed him. We followed him for a few minutes as he continued to walk deep in the forest, where was he going? we hid behind a large tree before he spoke calmly "Shouldn't you three be in bed?" we came out of our hiding spots and walked up next to him.

"We couldn't sleep" Lucy said "And we were worried about you" I added "Please, Aslan. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asked "I would be glad of the company for awhile. Thank you". We walked silently beside him our hands on his mane, fur fur was warm and soft under my touch and it felt relaxing. The journey was quiet except for the sounds of crickets chirping in a rhythm until Aslan came to a stop "It is time. From here, I must go on alone" "But Aslan..." "You have to trust me. For this must be done" he said before I could get anymore words out "Thank you,(Y/n). Thank you, Susan. Thank you, Lucy and farewell" We watched Aslan walk off into the night when I felt a hand on my shoulder as well as Lucy. Susan then walked off but in a similar direction to Aslan so we followed her and we finally reached the destination we hid behind  two large boulders were we had a clear view of the Witch and her people yodeling some kind of noise as others held fire torches in their hands and in the middle walking up a set of stairs was Aslan.

 Susan then walked off but in a similar direction to Aslan so we followed her and we finally reached the destination we hid behind  two large boulders were we had a clear view of the Witch and her people yodeling some kind of noise as others held ...

What was he doing here? The Witch then stepped up on large stone with a dagger held in her hands "Behold. The great lion" more cheers and animals noises came from the crowd. We watched as Aslan was hit with an axe and fell on his side, Lucy gasped as she gripped my arm "Why doesn't he fight back?" Lucy asked. I examined the sight and all the hideous creatures before finding my answer "Because he's not allowed, he has to keep whatever promise he made to the Witch "Bind him!" the Witch instructed "Tie him up!" "Get him!" the crowd shouted as they roped Aslan "Wait! Let him first be shaved" we watched in horror as the Witch dwarf minion drew his knife and began to cut and pull at Aslan's mane piece by piece, even others joined in  until he hand none left. "Bring him to me"  Aslan was then pulled in front of the Witch with a swift of her hand the cheering was halted.

Lucy's grip tighten as drumming like noises filled the night sky as the ugly looking creatures were banging the bottom of there torches on the cement ground beneath them. We saw the Witch kneel down down said some words to Aslan but from where we watched we couldn't hear before she stood up and spoke loud and strong "Tonight...the Deep Magic will be appeased! But tomorrow, we will take Narnia forever!" No! Aslan you can't do this! I screamed in my head as I figured out what was about to happen but the wouldn't form "In that knowledge, despair..." Aslan met our eyes that almost filled with tears "...and die!" Again as if it was in slow motion we saw the dagger pierce Aslan's body before he's eyes closed and fell limp against the cold stone. None of us being able to hold them back anymore  we all hugged each other as we let the tears we had been holding back finally fall. "The Great Cat...is dead! NO!!! "General. Prepare your troops for battle. However short it may be"