One Ride

Merida shot arrow after arrow at the targets. This was her only time alone. No one came to find her, just her, the bow, her arrows, and the target. She loved it. She pulled back on her arrow and out of the corner of her eye she saw a blue flamish like creature beckoning her to follow.

"A wisp." she whispered to herself. She grabbed her bow and quiver and Angus and rode after them.

They took her through new trails and eventually they came to a clearing. She dismounted Angus and drew her bow. She put an arrow in just in case. The trees were dense and it was already getting dark so it was really dark in the woods where she was. Almost pitch black out. She relaxed some with the bow then she saw big green eyes. She pulled back but was pinned to the ground before she could do anything.

She had been in this situation once before. Mordu had her pinned down and she was stuck. She had never felt so much fear in her life. She could not do anything then and nor could she now. She took deep nervous breaths in. He growled and showed his teeth. Merida took one last breath and braced for what was about to come. Instead of the roar and attack she was expecting. She instead heard a guy call out. "Toothless! What are you doing!? Get off her. I'm sorry he usually isn't like this." He babbled.

The dragon stood up on two legs and walked away. Merida took several deep breaths to compose herself. "Are you okay?" He asked her

"No I'm not. That's the second time my life has been in danger and I couldn't do anything about it. Do you know how terrifying that is!?" She screamed at him.

"Kinda. Sorta." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Yea sorry about that."

"By the way would you mind telling me where my horse went?" Se asked with attitude.

"No.sorry I don't know." He told her.

Merida groaned and grabbed her bow and arrows and trudged angrily towards the path she came on. "Hey! Do you want a lift back to your house?" He called after her.

"No. Walkings fine. I actually prefer my time alone thank you." She spat back.

"I'd take me up on the offer. It's about to get really dark and  those woods have so many twists and turns walking in a straight line will get you lost. And based on your accent I'd say you are a long ways from home." He told her.

"If I say yes will you shut up?" Merida told him.

"What's your problem?" He asked.

"Well lets see I got jumped by a dragon and now I have to take a ride from the dragon handler. Whom of which I barely know." She told him putting her hands on her hips.

"You could just walk. I'm trying to make up for him jumping on you." He told her.

"Let's just go." She said as she walked towards him.

"Okay. So where do you live?" He asked.

"Dunbroch." Se told him. She walked over to the dragon. She didn't want to touch the dragon. She jumped behind the guy.

"Alright Toothless. Slowly." He said as he patted the dragon's head. Toothless grunted and spread his wing wide. Then a jolt. Toothless shot straight up. Merida was screaming. It was all she could do to hold onto the saddle. She could hear the guy shouting at the dragon.

"TOOTHLESS NOT AGAIN! SLOW DOWN YOU USLESS REPTILE!" He was shouting. He felt her trying to grab him. He heard her screaming.

She tried to grab the rider but she could not get a grip. The dragon just kept going higher and faster. Her hand slipped from the saddle the dragon came out from under her. She wasn't flying anymore. She was falling. She tried to grab the tail but she missed. She screamed. "HELP ME!"  

He looked back and didn't see her on the saddle anymore. He saw bright orange in the sky below. "Oh shit! Toothless!"  He called out. The dragon looked down and saw her falling. He dove down and flew after her.

She saw them come after her. She flailed her arms and legs trying to slow herself. She saw them pass her. "No come back please!" She begged.

Toothless flew past her. The rider kicked his side. The dragon got underneath her and hovered. The rider caught Merida and she held onto him for dear life. "Please. Just take me to the ground. I don't care. I will walk. Please." She whimpered.

Merida was scared for dear life. After they passed her she knew she was done for. She should have never climbed onto that dragon in the first place. She should have just walked. She landed in the rider's arms and she clung to him like he was the only thing keeping her alive. Which in this case is true. "Please. Just take me to the ground. I don't care. I will walk. Please." She begged him.

"Alright." He sighed and helped her get on the back of the saddle. She held onto him and didn't let go. When they reached the ground they touched down in a circle of tall  stones. Merida knew exactly where they were.

When the dragon's feet touched the ground she was off and she just lay on the ground. She lay there for a good five minutes before the rider finally spoke. "I never learned your name." He told her.

"It's Merida. Merida Dunbroch." She told him. Not even looking at him. Just laying there on the ground. "And yours?"

"Hiccup. Hiccup horrendous Haddock the third." He told her.

"That's an odd first name." She said as she finally stood up.

"Nah. I know someone named Snotlout. I don't think Hiccup is as bad as that." He told her.

"Alright I'll give you that one." She said giggling.

"And where are you from hiccup?" She asked.

"Berk. It's a ways north of here." He told her.

"I gotta go. My mum is probably having a cow. Sorry. Maybe I'll see you around sometime." She said as she ran off into the woods.

"Well. That went better than expected. No thanks to you." He said as he turned around to face Toothless. "Ugh. Lets get home." He said as he mounted and took off into the night sky.

Merida got to a clearing and looked into the sky. She saw a blue fireball shoot across the sky. She laughed to herself. As much as she hated that ride. She would do it again in a heart beat.

Hello everybody! First Trifle is up. More is to come I promise:) but I can't do this on my own. It would be amasing if you guys would give me feedback and ideas. PLEASE :) LOVE YOU! Till next time.