SPAZMO BAND

"Please, Michelle!" Erin begged, bright eyes staring at the brunette girl across from her

Michelle rolled her eyes, "no. I have no interest in David Donnelly's spazmo band." She chomped down on her crisp.

"They looked nice," Said Clare limply from her chair. "Are they nice?"

"I can't go on my own."

"Bring Bobby Sands."

"Sure, how could I go?" Clare wheezed, as though she were dying. Anya suppressed her smirk and looked away. "I can barely walk."

"Anya?"

"I can't, gymnastics tonight." The little redhead said from besides James, who instantly turned at the angelic sound of her voice.

His emerald orbs widened, "you do gymnastics? That's awesome."

"Aye. Since I was wee, about three I think." Anya smiled up at him, crossing her legs over one another. James gulped.

"I did dance, back in England."

"What's it like there?" Anya leaned forward, interested in James' previous home. He smiled at the thought of her being interested, before the tannoy cut him off.

"Will the following pupils please report to Sister Michael's office immediately? Erin Quinn, Orla McCool, Anya Murphy, Clare Devlin, Michelle Mallon and the wee English fella. Thank you."

The group of five girls sat outside Sister Michael's office on the hardwood bench. James had gone off to find the toilet, which was soon to be a failed mission.

"I can't find the boy's toilets anywhere." He sighed, looking around. Anya smiled at his confused state, as he simply looked adorable with his eyes wide and eyebrows furrowed.

"It's an all girls school, dick face." Michelle deadpanned. "There are no boy's toilets."

"So should I just use the girl's toilets?"

"No, you should not, you fucking pervert!"

Clare started to wheeze, "girls. I really don't feel great. I feel sort of shaky. I think my blood sugar's dangerously low."

"Seriously, will you just have a Mars bar?" Erin asked, scoffing.

"Or you could have my Space Raiders?" Anya offered, teaching into her bag to retrieve them.

"What about Kamal?"

"Fuck Kamal."

Suddenly, Clare spread her arms out across the girls. James gave Anya a confused glance. "Look. Whatever happens in there, we have to stick together, okay?"

As soon as they were in the office, Clare's mouth opened and all was revealed. Anya sighed, rubbing her temples as Clare pinned the blame on Michelle. As subtly as he could, James moved her hands away and whispered, "stop that. You'll hurt yourself."

The little girl looked up in awe at such a caring and sweet boy, her pale cheeks blushing red. In the midst of her blushing Clare had finally stopped blabbering, and everyone stood with a priceless expression on their faces.

"Well, I think it's safe to say we all just lost a bit of respect for you there, Clare." Anya snorted. "This is just so disappointing, girls. I mean, threatening a first-year!"

Michelle jumped straight to her own defence. "We didn't threaten her. We're not stupid, Big Mandy is her sister." The girls all nodded "she's half fucking gorilla!"

"That's enough, Miss Mallon." Sister Micheal sighed.

"Aye. You shouldn't swear, Michelle, because when you swear, Our Lady in heaven cries her tears and then make rain." Once again, the girls wore matching expressions at Orla's statement.

"Brilliant." Laughed Anya, causing James to stifle a smile. Her little laugh was so irresistible to him, so pure and dainty.

"What age are you now, Orla?"

"Fifteen."

"Yeah, might want to think about wising up." Orla frowned at her candy bracelet around her wrist. Finally, Erin took over to explain that the whole matter was a huge misunderstanding. Mandy's sister told sister Michael that she didn't care about it, but she also didn't forgive the girls. And that, oh so brilliantly left them in detention.

James still needed the loo. Anya was going to be late for gymnastics. Erin and Michelle were going to miss Declan's band playing. Clare was going crazy over her lack of food and Orla was reading Erin's diary. The worst part was, they weren't even allowed to talk. All Anya wanted to do was turn around and gush to James about English boys and gymnastics, but instead she was forced to face the front and be quiet.

After Erin and Orla fighting over the diary (which led to it being confiscated), James being sent to the corner for asking to go to the toilet again, Michelle's lipstick being taken away and placed in the elderly sister's handbag, the sister seemed to fall asleep.

"Oh look, your boring fucking diary's sent her to sleep. I'm taking my lipstick back."

"Michelle, you can't do that it's stealing."

Michelle reached into the bag, pulling her lipstick out with a smile. Meanwhile, James was pissing in a bucket because he couldn't hold it in any longer. As Michelle pulled out her lipstick Anya caught sight of a new pack of cigarettes and a full lighter.

"Hallelujah." She smiled, nabbing the two and walking to the back of the room, where she opened a window and pulled one of the sticks between her lips. Once it was alight she turned around, only to be caught red handed along with the rest of the teenagers.

James was still pissing in the bucket, Orla was holding the sister's head up (who's eyes were still open), Clare was eating a sandwich, Erin was halfway out the window and Michelle was putting her lipstick back on. And lastly, at the door, stood sister Micheal. "Sweet suffering Jehovah!"

Needless to say, the group was grounded for weeks. But despite all the negative things to happen in just one day, on the journey home, with her mother shouting in the front, Anya Murphy couldn't help but smile as she thought about the tall English boy she'd encountered.