JAMES

Dainty Anya Murphy ran down her her patio, turning right and running up the patio of her best friends' house

Dainty Anya Murphy ran down her her patio, turning right and running up the patio of her best friends' house. Anya unlocked the door with her own key, turning and rushing inside.

"Help!" She yelped, holding up her blazer to Erin and Orla, who were mumbling quietly to one another. The emerald green blazer seemed as though it was double the size of the four foot eleven girl.

"Anya, did you shrink?" Orla asked dazedly.

"She couldn't shrink any more if she tried, Orla!" Erin snapped, turning back towards her best friend. "I thought thinks shrunk in the wash, not double!"

"Aye." Anya agreed, slipping the green fabric past her shoulders. The large material went past her knees and bunched up at her wrists. "I can't wear this to school, I look wee!"

"You are wee, Anya." Erin reminded her, slipping her own regular sized blazer on. "Take the thing off. You just look silly. Don't wear it."

The dainty girl agreed, pushing the heavy fabric off of her shoulders and shoving it into her light pink backpack. Quickly and quietly the three girls left the house and made their way to meet Clare.

When Clare caught sight that nobody else was wearing their denim jacket she sighed in desperation. "What is this?! I thought we were all going to be individuals this year."

"I wanted to Clare, but my ma wouldn't let me."

"Aye." Anya agreed. The youngest Murphy's mother was always strict, ensuring her daughter wasn't in any trouble. Mrs Murphy ensured that Anya's socks covered up to her knees, that her chest was covered at all times and that her hair was separated perfectly in the middle and set into two French braids. Her mother was nothing alike this with her older brother Josh, who could do whatever he wanted without a care in the world. Similarly to his little sister, Josh had bright red hair and dazzling green eyes. Josh was attractive, no second thoughts about it, and often had his luck with bringing girls back to his bedroom. Which conveniently was situated a thin wall away from Anya's.

Clare scoffed. "Ah! Well, I'm not being individual on my own." She pushed her bag into Erin's hand and pulled off her own jacket.

The group of four girls now stood in Dennis' wee shop and was collecting what they would have for lunch. As usual, Anya opted for a bottle of sparkling water and a bag of space raiders. All the way there Clare had been muttering their ears off about her fasting for 24 hours.

"Oh, Anya. It's only two pounds! Two pounds, that's all! Please, please, Anya. You're my best hope-" Clare clung onto the knitted fabric of Anya's green school jumper, pulling slightly as she rocked back and forth on her feet.

"Alright alright!" Anya said, "ill give you three if you stop asking."

"Oh, thank you! How about you, Erin? Will you help me?"

"For Christ's sake." Erin mumbled with her mouth full of bon bons. "What is it with you and Africa?"

"Will you sponsor me?"

"How much?"

"Two pounds."

Erin laughed. "Catch yourself on."

Clare squeaked. "What's happening over there is really lousy, Erin. Father Conway showed us a video. There's this one wee fella, Kamal. He's only ten and everyday he walks twenty five miles to the well."

"Does he just really like wells, aye?" Orla asked, playing with the ends of her wispy hair.

"Twenty five miles?" Erin asked. "How far is that?"

"Far." Both Clare and Anya mumbled at the same time.

"How far we talkin? Like, from here to Buncrana?"

"Further. It's like here to Balleyboofey."

"Shut up. Here to Balleyboofey. Sure, you'd be knackered." Erin mocked.

"Kamal is knackered!" Clare screeched. Anya smiled at the little bicker between Erin and Clare.

"Are you sure Kamal isn't exaggerating?" Erin squinted her pretty eyes, looking skeptical towards Clare.

"Stop slagging off Kamal!" Clare shouted. Anya could see Dennis look over at the group of four girls with an angry expression.

"Girls, I'm going out for a smoke." She mumbled, to which Orla agreed to joining her. The redhead pulled a cigarette out of the pack in her bag and placed it in her mouth. Orla held the lighter at the end until it caught, Anya dragging the cigarette out between her two fingers. She blew out, the smoke circling the air and leaving a prominent scent.

"That is so cool." Orla stared at her. "Can you blow it in my face, I wanna know how it feels."

Anya have her a strange look, before shrugging and taking a drag of the cigarette. Orla stood close to Anya, bending down to be at her level. The smaller girl blew out, lips puckered and watched the smoke fly towards Orla's face. The strange girl basked in the scent and feel, breathing out a "wow!" When Anya was finished.

"GET OUT!" They heard Dennis screech and as a result Clare and Erin came scrambling out. As soon as she was out Erin caught sight of the tall mysterious boy hanging up a poster on the wall.

"Dylan Donnelly." Erin breathed, staring at the boy in adoration. Anya smiled as she watched Erin, who had told them all to "act natural" and was proceeding to cackle a laugh as though someone had said something funny. "No way! Are you serious?"

"What are you doing?" Clare asked. "Who are you talking to?"

"Erin," called Dylan. "Do you got a light?"

"Me? No I don't smoke."

"I have one." Orla chucked her own over to Dylan. "I don't smoke either, I just like melting stuff."

"Is that where my pink dungarees went?" Anya asked, stomping out her cigarette as Erin and Dylan spoke.

"Aye."

"Fuck sake, Orla!"

"Maybe I'll see you there, then." Said Erin as Clare pulled her away. Dylan stared on at the girls with a smirk.

"You're not seriously going to the concert, are you?"

"Gig, Clare. It's called a gig." Erin stated. "And I have to go, he invited me specifically."

"I don't quite remember that part-" Anya was cut short by Michelle. The curly haired girl approached them from behind, quiet as a mouse before shouting as loud as she could.

"MOTHERFUCKERS! Motherfuckers is my new thing." Michelle continued talking, however the four girls in front of her zoned out as they stared at the confused, dazed boy behind her. He had adorable curly brown hair and a dazed look in his emerald green eyes. He looked back at the four girls, his eyes landing on the smallest of them all. The boy's eyes traveled from her Mary Jane shoes to the tempting knee high socks which led to her green pleated skirt. Visibly, he gulped. Emerald green eyes ran straight up to her tiny face, covered by freckles and a set of her own emerald green doe eyes. Fiery red hair cascaded into French braids and he'd never thought he'd seen anything more attractive in his whole 16 years.

"Hi, I'm Michelle's cousin. James."